Problem with the rails or bolt

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
wayne
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Problem with the rails or bolt

Post by wayne »

Sir..I need more help on my build. I was going to rivet my rails in the receiver, but I wanted to make sure the bolt will slide without problems. I found out that the bolt got stuck half way down the receiver. How can I correct this problem. (the trigger housing was not attached) Any ideals will be helpful.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Problem with the rails or bolt

Post by flemgunner »

Check the rails out. Mine got a little bent on the install and I had to straighten them. They are softer than you'd think. Could be the receiver is slightly squashed in too. Take some layout blue and put the bolt back in. That may help you find the sticking area
352pi

Post by 352pi »

ive built two start to finish so far use a coupler nut and a bolt and strech the inside of the reciever they always seem to shrink in the middle. The bolt should be tad on the sloppy side in the rails.
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

You can't go by the rails until they are installed. The receiver might warp a little or the rails. No big deal a coupler and bolt will fix that problem. Also the rails might close up a little and will need to be hit with a punch to open it back up again. I don't think I have ever had one to where the rails were perfect with out any adjustment.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

make sure the bolt is not hitting any of the rivit heads
Clay

Post by Clay »

My rails were bent a little and I had to get at them with a punch to get the bolt to slide freely. After lots of time and frustration it got it done.