need some measurements for the new receiver weld

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

need some measurements for the new receiver weld

Post by howiebearse »

The Allegheny receiver I just got posted earlier with pics, turns out is not all from the same gun. It is going to be a bugger to weld up. While the rear section looks to be a slim cut, the next piece has almost an inch missing. The front section where the bushing was cut off is from a different gun and cut in a different manner leaving a whole lot of metal missing that I will have to cut and splice from my other front section.

The measurements that would help are

top edge rear of receiver to top edge front of trunion where it hits against its stop

front edge of threaded flash hider bushing threads to front edge of trunion where it meets the stop

rear edge of receiver left side to first rail rivet center at rear of receiver (rear rail rivet center)

total length from rear edge of receiver to front edge of threaded bushing

Thanks for looking these measurements may make it easier to figure out how far apart I need these pieces set up
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: need some measurements for the new receiver weld

Post by 42rocker »

But it looked good.

Run a search on this website and the measurements should be here. If you can't find them or whatever I'm sure that one of us will dig them out and update with the things that you need. Till then run a search.

Is it possible to take one picture of it complete and post it?

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

from a quick search

http://www.brpguns.com/content/42saprints.pdf

Will help as we can.

Later 42rocker
Taurus454
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Taurus454 »

Thanks for the pdf 42!

Tom
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Trunion? Trunion? The M-60 has a trunion. The MG42 does not.

[diz] :puk: [diz]
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

jbaum wrote:Trunion? Trunion? The M-60 has a trunion. The MG42 does not.

[diz] :puk: [diz]

picky picky picky!!!! My mistake darn it the camming piece
howiebearse
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by howiebearse »

thanks allot for the help . once i get it set up to weld Ill take some photos of how bad it is cut and how I will get it back together. This will be a dummy gun but with bolt inside probably at the cocked position and welded stationary and the grip housing in place welded stationary nothing will be removable except the barrel all the rest will be welded in place to make the gun correct weight and looks for display top cover will open and belt will hold in place trigger will work.

While this will be a bummer to weld back together It will make a damn nice dummy gun I do wish that these guns had been cut and stored as one unit Its a real hard thing to weld back unmatched cut pieces. The front bushing while saving the threads was cut at a different angle then the gun I got so I had to cut it off even and will have to make a spacer ring to get the right distance to weld it back on then have to fill a pie shaped section missing from the front receiver section. I can cut that piece from my second kit but its an awful waste of a front receiver section I wished I had a middle section to graft a piece from for the 3/4 to 1" diagonal cut in that piece to fill. Thanks guys for the help more pics to follow as I work on it
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Take the print from the PDF and mark the piece you need in the middle.I may have it lying around here.I have some odd pieces left from various builds. They cut about 1/4 inch out anyway,so it would have to be built up either way. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert