"SA42" Bump Fire with no anti bounce spring.

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
badsnakeii
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

"SA42" Bump Fire with no anti bounce spring.

Post by badsnakeii »

Ok. So took my "SA42" out the other day and found that it's quite easy to bump fire. I think it's a combination of light trigger pull and the weight/momentum of the bolt closing. Maybe it's just me... It's not that fast thank god but it's kinda fun. However I soon wondered if it's risky because the bolt doesn't have the anti bounce spring in it.
So I ask. When bump firing an sa42, is there great risk in having an OBD?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: "SA42" Bump Fire with no anti bounce spring.

Post by JBaum »

You couldn't put an anti-bounce spring and rod inside the semi bolt if you wanted to. The firing pin is in the way.

The semi fires from a closed bolt, therefore while possible, out of battery explosions are not a consideration like they are with the full auto because you don't get bolt bounce off of the barrel extension for the split second that the firing pin has already hit the primer. The full auto gun fires from an open bolt, with the firing pin hitting the primer immediately upon lock up of the rollers. If the rollers/bolt bounces, and if there is a split second hang fire (such as with 50 year old junk ammo), an out of battery explosion is a very real possibility.

Stay away from junk ammo, and you're very unlikely to have a problem.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com