Next I tried to fit the cast camming piece-big trouble!!
We had some shrinkage.Instead of the square opening being 1.310,it was only 1.290-the piece didn't fit.After some thought and measuring,we decided that the rear was ok,just the front was affected.I used a dremel to open up the front of the hole,putting the camming piece in its proper location.I had to mave the barrel door forward a slight bit to compensate.I could have recut it all,but it was a perfect fit,real straight.The bearing piece I had was nice,with flats on both sides.I clamped some flat stock on both sides,aligned it all,and spotted it.I had measured it first,37 9/16,and put in a barrel and bushing.The bushing iI set using the wear marks,and measurements I got here.It all worked out good,the little I was short in the center I made up here,where it doesn't matter.Then it was just weld a spot and move,and keep repeatingtill it was all filled in.I tried to keep it a little high,and after grindind I will fill any low spots.I would like to encourage anybody out there that is aprehensive about doing this.If I can do it,so can you! I am not really skilled at this,but with a little thought and some help,you can do it!!
I have had a lot of fun so far.You will too. Before I did the final welding,I checked the front with a bi-pod,and the overall on the lafette.Alle ist richtig!.I also fit a Pirates grip to the receiver,and welded on one side mount.I have to drill through and mount the other,but didnt have time.Went to a party with some of the bike guys.Sorry if this post is dis-jointed,I had it all written and deleted it by mistake,had to re-do it. pics time!