Weaponeer M53/MG42 Stick Grip

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
SA58

Re: Weaponeer M53/MG42 Stick Grip

Post by SA58 »

Well, as the old saying goes... 'ask, and you shall receive'.

I talked to the fellow who makes the pieces. He had said that since they switched to the new design they no longer use those... but, they had some extra lying around and that if I were willing to cover the postage he'd send one out gratis. Rock on Wise Lite, and thanks! Hopefully there's nothing else I'm missing that I don't know about.

..btw, I asked him why they switched designs on the grip. He simply stated, 'it's easier'.

So... is there no safety on the new version?? or does the safety just work differently?
wizzbane
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by wizzbane »

P2260038.JPG
P2260038.JPG (34.85 KiB) Viewed 5070 times
to bad I found this trhead to late. bought a wiselite grip from apex because I figured it would go with the wiselite receiver I bought from pirate....as the picture shows it is way to long
wizzbane
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by wizzbane »

and here is a pick of the whole grip... from looking at a pic before is this the new type or old type... since received it today, and a pic of the wiselite receiver ...at least the grip hole area
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Thats the new style Grip The old style was the best as it was a copy of the BRP design & it fit right into the ejection port opening & then you would just twist it into place while compressing the AR hammer BRP still sells then by the way they are what I use I have several old wiselite ones I installed also. all work flawless.

As for the new style you can weld in a shelf to the receiver to work with that grip but probly for what you paid for that receiver you would want to go with an old style wiselite or a BRP Grip or modify your original grip to AR status..
Apollo13

Post by Apollo13 »

Good information here on the Wiselite grip stick and receiver combination.