Email from Centerfire

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
avman
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Email from Centerfire

Post by avman »

Just a FYI, in February I ordered a Yugo MG53 kit from Centerfire and with all the crap going on, I thought I would never see it (in fact, I forgot about it). I got an email today saying it was on its way.

Did anyone else get this email???
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Email from Centerfire

Post by bolex »

I checked and Centerfire charged my account, so I guess my M53 kit is on its way. I also ordered my kit in February. No e-mail. It was on backorder...
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I wonder if I'm getting one also-I ordered and never heard anything. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

I've been in the same boat. Ordered in Feb and no news at all from them to date. Hope this is good news for all of us.
Bradrock
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Bradrock »

I got a phone call from Pam offering me more kits @ $199.00. I did not aks how many they had or if that would be the regular price. She usually gives me a pretty good discount for some reason. I think it pays to nice to them on the phone?
" Save A Tree....Eat A Beaver"
avman
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by avman »

I opened my Centerfire kit this morning. It is well used with a little surface rust and on the barrel housing. The blueing is about 30 to 40% and the barrel is not in the best of shape. The enclosed invoice said there was no bipod included but the kit came with one.

The best part of this kit is that the camming section is still attached. I just need a receiver.
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Box arrived yesterday. :)
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

"Box arrived yesterday'-this implied you haven't opened it yet-are you ok? We can send someone to help if you aren't.I myself never get out of the parking lot with an un-opened package.If it comes to my house,I find it on the counter all torn open-my UPS guy can't wait to see what I have gotten![He has a key and permossion.] I have gotten several PMs from members that have also gotten cam sections with their new kits-sounds like a good batch.So far all reports on these are good! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Bil wrote:"Box arrived yesterday'-this implied you haven't opened it yet-are you ok? We can send someone to help if you aren't.I myself never get out of the parking lot with an un-opened package.If it comes to my house,I find it on the counter all torn open-my UPS guy can't wait to see what I have gotten![He has a key and permossion.] I have gotten several PMs from members that have also gotten cam sections with their new kits-sounds like a good batch.So far all reports on these are good! ---bil
Bil, Thanks for asking, I generally rush to open this type of boxes but was involved in a supervised honey-do and didn't want to risk it. :D I have since followed my instincts and found that they do include cam sections. One set was in very good to excellent condition, the prettiest set of grip stocks I have seen. The barrel was sharp and pretty bright. The other looks like it was rode hard and put up wet. That barrel was another story, a sewer pipe. Called them and they agreed to exchange it. Mailed it off this morning. All three muzzle pieces on the second kit are heavily corroded as well but decided not to push my luck. Small parts in both kits were complete including lower stock buffer cam (still riveted to a small chunk of the receiver and the butt latch pivots are intact). One even had the cam section rivet and the cut off head to it. Both cam sections had matching numbers. Both wood stocks were solid and not chipped up. They should refinish nicely. Both came with bipods. All parts appear to be Yugo manufacture. All in all both were well worth the wait in today's market.
Rahatlakhoom

Post by Rahatlakhoom »

Good to see you Bradrock.
The CFS kits don't sound hateful for the price.

Kraut weapons, it's whats for supper.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

resting wrote: One even had the cam section rivet and the cut off head to it. Both cam sections had matching numbers. .
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to the cam "pieces" rather than cam "sections." The cam pieces are the squarish machined parts that fit around the receiver just aft of the rear sight. The cam sections are part of the receiver where the cam pieces attach. The cam sections are usually missing, having been removed just behind the rear sight.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

gdmoore28 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to the cam "pieces" rather than cam "sections." The cam pieces are the squarish machined parts that fit around the receiver just aft of the rear sight. The cam sections are part of the receiver where the cam pieces attach. The cam sections are usually missing, having been removed just behind the rear sight.

GeeDeeEmm
Yep, so sorry I was referring to the cam pieces as being matching. They also had the cam sections intact.
propos

Post by propos »

jbaum where are you. Calling jbaum. Resting called the camming pieces a camming section. Calling jbaum.
Someone needs a manual. calling jbaum. Please pick up the feldgrau phone.
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Got the manuals, just can't find them when I need them to sound erudite. I usually think of the pieces as the trunnion thus my mistake. :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Oh my God-you just made it worse-the mg42 doesn't HAVE a trunnion!When the wrath of Baum strikes you,can I have your kit? ---bil :D
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

Yes this is starting to get confusing now..........stop it.

You had me thinking that there was a section of receiver on your M53 kit that noone else has gotten. I wish mine had enough left on the receiver where that little lippy thing sticks up to brace the cam piece! That is going to be hard to fabricate. But all of mine are cut off just behind the rear sight!

RR
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Resting's post says camming section is also intact,Can we get a picture? I have gotten several reports that say the same,from people that are aware of the dif between section and piece.A picture of the cut would clear this up.Thank you ---bil
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Bil wrote:Resting's post says camming section is also intact,Can we get a picture? I have gotten several reports that say the same,from people that are aware of the dif between section and piece.A picture of the cut would clear this up.Thank you ---bil
My long-forgotten Centerfire kit came in Monday. For the last year I had been reading with green envy those scattered reports of kits coming thru in primo condition and camming sections intact. Guess I finally hit the jackpot on this kit :D . As you can see from the picture below, the camming section is intact. All the small parts are there, barrel is near perfect with shiney bore, buttstock is the best wooden Yugo I've seen so far, and the entire parts kit is marked with a single electro-penciled number: 997. None of the original serial numbers match, so I have no idea what the 997 means. Now if I could only get Centerfire to send me the missing small parts to one of my other kits :( .

By the way, Magnus at Centerfire told me that they had received only a "few" of the M53 kits they have on order, and they used them to fulfill some of the backorders. No word on when, of if, they will be receiving more kits.

GeeDeeEmm
Attachments
P1000773.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-I am using green for envy-that is a nice cut-it will match up with your BRP rear receiver sitting in my closet!!Just trim and weld.I am glad to see that some of these are coming through in better shape than was expected.After this long a time,I figured we had heard the last of this deal,and were out of luck.If anyone else gets a receiver with this much left on,let us know.I would like to know if this is typical of this batch,or an anomoly.Thanks. ---bil
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Thanks, Bil.

You might want to call Centerfire and make sure that you are still on the list, and ask them how far down on the list you are. Just a precaution to make sure that you are in a good position in line in case they get some more in.

'Course, as many kits as you have on hand, we may have to start buying from you instead of the majors :lol: !

By the way, are you working on your SA's today?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson