Can someone verify a mesurment for me - please?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
TbcSEOD

Can someone verify a mesurment for me - please?

Post by TbcSEOD »

I need someone to verify a measurement from the rear of the camming window to the center of the forward recuporator bolt hole. I am 99% certain I got my measurements right but it almost seems like the "piston" is to far forward when I close my barrel door (It jams the barrel door and barrel up - I can get it in but I have to wiggle and pry some and I am certain this isn't how it was done in the heat of battle.......... I am wondering if I got my measurements off by about 3 hairs or something here........

Picture shows what measurements I need specifically.

TIA,
TbcSEOD
Attachments
one more mesurment.JPG
tr6guns

Re: Can someone verify a mesurment for me - please?

Post by tr6guns »

Hope this helps
Attachments
Picture 273.jpg
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

Is the front recoup bolt the right way around? I remember reading somewhere here that if the bolt is the wrong way about it lets the plunger stick out a little to far. I cannot get an accurate measurement on my deactivated guns as the camming section is still fitted.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
c310pilot
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by c310pilot »

I have the same problem. I need to take apart the recup and clean it really well and the try putting some of that Mi-Comm 25 on, in, around, all surfaces esp where the barrel comes in contact with the beveled front edge of the plunger. Mayt be that will fix things enough. I hate to cut the thing in half!

I guess the true measurement needed would be the amount of overlap between barrel and plunger. I am roughly .125? Its hard to measure in there!
TbcSEOD

Post by TbcSEOD »

I spoke with 2 guys I know that have up and running MG's and one reported 1inch exactly and the other reported 1.033. One also suggested to re face the bevel - and I did that but have not had time to refit it and check it over again.
tr6guns

Post by tr6guns »

If you take the print above and the dim. 2.537 and subtract .156 and 1.281 you come up with 1.100. but i guess that is only the way it looks to me :?
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

I went out and re-measured the part I used for the drawing. It is original, uncut between the two points you are looking for. I came up with 1.1", or more likely 28 millimeters, from the back edge of the cam piece "window" and the center of the recouperator bolt hole. I hope this picture helps.

MikeD
Attachments
PICT0028.JPG