Roccos Grip differances and comparison Tutorial

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
rocco1911

Roccos Grip differances and comparison Tutorial

Post by rocco1911 »

OK here we go you will see a series of pictures of the AR15 Grips on the market I am showing 4 different types that are available out there first up is all 4 in series of usefulness IMO yours may differ but bear in mind I have built quite a few of these I have 8 completed working guns & have assisted others in building them for several years.

Below is all 4
BRP on top followed by an old style wiselite then a Thompson Machine and last a new style wiselite
Attachments
S5000340.JPG
rocco1911

Re: No Primer Strikes Grip Pics

Post by rocco1911 »

Here is a view of the BRP one these are the best for a Re-weld of an original German or Yugo kit that has the rear section
Attachments
S5000322.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Another view of the BRP showing front attachment area
Attachments
S5000326.JPG
S5000324.JPG
S5000323.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Next up is the Old Style wiselite these were the best for this type build but unfortunatly they decieded to change the design these were a 4 count on the 922r issue as well.

Notice if you will the position of the hammer when in the fired position it will mean a big difference later on...
Attachments
S5000327.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

A few more old style wiselite...
Attachments
S5000329.JPG
S5000328.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Next we have the Thompson Machine PPB Grip I obtained this one from a friend in a trade it was originaly an AR15 grip style & it looked like crap on a mg42 in my opinion so I did my own modification & installed an original MG42 grip section on it.

OK if you look close you will see a marked difference in the position of the hammer when in the fired position

Bad jou-jou
Attachments
S5000338.JPG
S5000333.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Here are some more pics of it
Attachments
S5000335.JPG
S5000334.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Next up I show the area you need to remove to get your hammer to make contact with the firepin
Attachments
S5000343.JPG
S5000342.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Now a side by side comparison of the 2 so you can see the difference in contact area
Attachments
S5000339.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

And finally the New style wiselite
Attachments
S5000330.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

A few more of the new style wiselite that is for there style receiver only
Attachments
S5000332.JPG
S5000331.JPG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

And that concludes the Grip Stick lineup I hope this helps out :mrgreen:
Attachments
S5000341.JPG
S5000321.JPG
masterangler-01
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by masterangler-01 »

Is it possable to remove too much metal from the Thompson grip? Mine doesn't look like yours before you removed the metal. It actually looks close to it after the modification. Can you have too much hammer travel?
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

wow ---Thats good info to know --thanks rocco :D
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Hey Rocco,

VERY useful grip tutorial, such honest and straight-forward public service announcements are vital to good builds.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

masterangler-01 wrote:Is it possable to remove too much metal from the Thompson grip? Mine doesn't look like yours before you removed the metal. It actually looks close to it after the modification. Can you have too much hammer travel?

No you want travel as much as possible & heavy hits...

I only use heavy hammer springs in all my builds you may be hitting the top inside of the bolt extension if your travel is ok out of the gun do you have a viewing slot cut in the top of the Bolt extension that you could see if the hammer is making contact with the FP ???
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Rocco-you have turned into a regular Perfesser!Nice work! :D :photos: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Thanks bil I'm planning on posting up a IMA rear re-weld tutorial as well but I'm so busy lately I need some time off to work on it its alot of pics step by step & typeing to finish it.... But I'll get to it :mrgreen:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

While I'm @ it I think I'll do a Oakrodant/BRP front AA site install segment
I have some quick tips to doing them.... :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Roccos Grip differances and comparison Tutorial

Post by Bil »

This thread has been moved to the MG42 build it yourself section,retitled,and moved into the announcement section.For some reason I couldn't make it a sticky.Maybe DA can do it,it works for his magazines! :shock: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert