Recuperator bolt thread size

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Recuperator bolt thread size

Post by resting »

I remember seeing the info on the thread size for the recuperator bolts here recently. Thought I wrote it down but cant find it anywhere. :oops: Could someone share this with me.
drooling idiot
General
General

Re: Recuperator bolt thread size

Post by drooling idiot »

Recuperator Sticky wrote: How does it attach ?
There are two bolts used to mount the recuperator to the receiver.
The first is a normal looking bolt that has small flats on its underside of its head. This bolt is used in the rear rectangular opening of the recuperator body. It protrudes out the bottom of the receiver behind the gripstick mounting pin and is secured by a 10-32 nut with a diameter of 9MM.
The second bolt is very unusual in appearance , it has a head with a long and short side. this head fits into the opening on the tube of the recuperator to secure the barrel plunger in to the tube against the spring pressure. The threaded part of this " T " bolt protrudes through the left side of receiver just behind the camming piece where its secured by a 10-32 nut with a diameter of 9MM on the outside.
pictures of these bolts are available below
http://mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1612

I think there was some debate in the early days of the site, on whether it was actually 10/32 or a metric thread that was too close to matter.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Recuperator bolt thread size

Post by resting »

DI,

Thanks. I did every search I could think of before posting and never came up with this. :D