MG13 front sight windage adjustment

bbrown
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

MG13 front sight windage adjustment

Post by bbrown »

The S/A MG13 that Midwest Metals built for me shoots like a dream, and gets lots of looks and comments at the range. :D

The only thing is, it shoots about 8 inches to the left at 50 yards. Ordinarily I'd just use Kentucky windage, but for this gun I'd like to get it set nearer to point of aim. The front sight is to the right of center in the mount post, so surely all that's needed is to drift it a little to the left. But it's being stubborn.

The front sight is very like that on the MG34 and MG42, with a set screw to secure it in place. I removed the set screw and tried a punch and hammer, but it wouldn't budge. Then I tried one of those screw type thingies like those used on SMLEs, but all it did was start to mar the finish and cut a circular gouge on the sight blade, and it still didn't budge.

So, what do you all suggest? Just use a bigger BFH and lots of authority? Or is there a trick with these? As long as no gouges result, a little cold blue will hide any purely cosmetic blemishes.

Thanks,

Bryan
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Re: MG13 front sight windage adjustment

Post by oakrodent »

I removed mine. I don't think I had any problems. I'll double check and get back to you by tomorrow.

Isn't the MG-13 the nicest shooting semi auto MG you ever fired ? ?
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: MG13 front sight windage adjustment

Post by 42rocker »

Double check for punch marks. Try heating and then let cool to see if that will break anything loose.
Good Luck

Later 42rocker