Red 9 broomhandle

cz2
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Red 9 broomhandle

Post by cz2 »

Another little project of mine.Started as a 99$ Chinese vet from S.O.G. in the 1990's.Re-bored to 9mm,refurbished/repaired old holster,home made take down/cleaning rod. Still some feeding problems,but she is old,swaped the mag spring maybe now???
later,cz2
Attachments
1930 comm..jpg
All glory is fleeting.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Red 9 broomhandle

Post by flemgunner »

Dude I love those things. Ive got an old 7mm thats kinda rough but I kinda like it like that. However if I could get a $99 one then maybe Id build it up and maybe even make a stock
Nice gun
Glenn
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

CZ2, Well Done! First you were smart picking one up when you could, then the refurb looks great.

Are those original or re-make grips? I bought a set from IMA that looked nice but they need some sanding to fit on my C96.

Who did the re-barrel? I had that guy who advertises in SGN under "The Broomcloset" and he left what seemed like a 1/2 tablespoon of grindings in the gun. Other than that it was a nice job. :?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
cz2
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by cz2 »

Hi, Yes the grips are re-pop,and took a LOT of fitting to get close to acceptable.The gun came with some hand made buffalo horn or something grips,real winners! The bbl.was rebored to 9mm,not replaced.A place on the East coast did the work,Oyster Bay?
An interesting foot note,as arrived the bolt was cracked and a military proofed bolt.I had the honor to be in the same collectors club as John Breathed,co author of"System Mauser",And John sold me a correct 1930 commercial bolt for it! :D :D :D
This one is showing her service as well,some Chinese punch markings on the bbl.extension.I prefer items with"history".Guess collectors call it wear or"bubba" tracks.
thanks for the comments,cz2.
All glory is fleeting.