Any reports from the Creek this time? Pictures?

dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Any reports from the Creek this time? Pictures?

Post by dwmmg08 »

Just wondering how the Creek was going? Frank I know was there, any pictures?? Neat stuff for sale? How was it?

I know last I heard it was raining and muddy. I hope it got better?
:mg:

Glen
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: Any reports from the Creek this time? Pictures?

Post by flemgunner »

It rocked. Got a sweet MG42 kit for $600. Prices were low and I even got to be on the firing line. Fri and Sat the weather was rainy but today was very nice
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Flem. $600 for a '42 kit; WELL DONE-that is a great deal :D

Thanks for the update.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Picked up an MG34 kit with two barrels, matching front and cover, nice wood butt with only two minor blemishes, seems to have all the small pins, etc. for $550.
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

The show went well for us despite the weather. We sold quite a few guns and sadly I sold my 08 on the sled. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep this one but one always hopes. I picked up a Swiss blank adapter but I'm not sure if its for the MG11 or an earlier model. I'll figure it out tomorrow as we got back a few hours ago and I'm beat. Also found a couple blank adapters for the 1910 maxim built in russia and SA stamped by the Finns. Not much time to wander as our table was pretty busy all weekend. Chatted with quite a few Maxim enthusiasts and folks who wondered if the sled mounted gun was a cannon or .50 cal MG.

THats about it for now.
Frank
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Frank,

Sounds great, I wish I could have made it.

If you don't mind what did the 08 go for? What it a nice one?

How much are thos blank adapters for the 1910 worth. I just got one too.

Matt
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Wow, Frank, sounds great! I hope to try to get there one of these shoots.... didn't think there was much maxim stuff there, all anyone talks about seemingly is 1919 shortys and M16's, LOL! :D In all seriousness, I'll bet it was a blast! Post some pics of the 1910 blank adaptor! I'd love to see what they look like compared to the German 08 ones. Should be interesting.

Glen
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

There was indeed some maxim stuff there. A friend picked up a bunch of lock parts and other stuff for his 08, I found the blank boosters for the 1910 and the MG11 and other bits and pieces were seen. There were a number of 1910 part sets sold by Ohio Ord along with sokolov mounts. They have a few left. Condition is good but parts are mixed. Mounts are pretty good. I got the finn rebuilt kit and mount from them. Nice to get an advanced look at stuff since I do shows for them.....Here are pics of the 1910 blank booster and the MG11 blank booster along with the 08 that I sold. The MG11 blank adapter is really nicely finished with a high polish and a brass muzzle gland. It is similar to the 08 but a little larger in diameter and longer. The 1910 adapter is like none I've seen before.
Frank
Attachments
MG11  blank adapter.jpg
1004091457b.jpg
russian blank adapter.jpg
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Wow, that last BFA is really different. How's it work??? Is that the Russian one? Now you've really got me curious... that friend wouldn't have been bob would it? :D

Really cool pics, sorry you sold your 08! :(
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

Nope,
The friend wasn't Bob though he also picked up some neat stuff. Ask him about the enfield lock. Maybe he'll send you some pictures. There were a lot of guys looking for Maxim stuff at the show. I bought a barrel carrier thinking it might be for a Swiss MG11 though it seemed a bit large. Getting home I dropped the MG11 barrel in and it disappeared. I figured out that the carrier is for an LMG 25 so I've got another piece in my puzzle for that one.
I didn't really want to sell the 08 but I bought it expecting to have to sell. I do get to keep the MG11 and that was my intent. There are a lot of 08's out the but the Swiss maxims are pretty hard to come by.

Thats it.

Frank
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

www.Prussia.us wrote:Flem. $600 for a '42 kit; WELL DONE-that is a great deal :D

Thanks for the update.
Gonna make a post sample :wnana:
jmann
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by jmann »

amafrank wrote:Nope,
The friend wasn't Bob though he also picked up some neat stuff. Ask him about the enfield lock. Maybe he'll send you some pictures. There were a lot of guys looking for Maxim stuff at the show. I bought a barrel carrier thinking it might be for a Swiss MG11 though it seemed a bit large. Getting home I dropped the MG11 barrel in and it disappeared. I figured out that the carrier is for an LMG 25 so I've got another piece in my puzzle for that one.
I didn't really want to sell the 08 but I bought it expecting to have to sell. I do get to keep the MG11 and that was my intent. There are a lot of 08's out the but the Swiss maxims are pretty hard to come by.

Thats it.

Frank
Bobs enfield lock was quite cool. He let me play with it. Your flashider was also interesting. Just in case you dont recognize the screen name I was with you when you bought it :mrgreen:
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

I just picked up a BFA like the last picture. What are they worth?
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by MP44 »

I picked up a bunch of MG34 barrels and some minty MP40 magazines. A buddy of mine bought a nice VG1-5.
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

MP44 wrote:I picked up a bunch of MG34 barrels and some minty MP40 magazines. A buddy of mine bought a nice VG1-5.
Man that is awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how much? Any pictures? FA or Semi?

For those who don't know the VG1-5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkssturmgewehr_1-5
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Wow, that Volksturmgewehr is pretty darn cool. Interesting, it's like a lot of semi-automatic pistol designs, according to the wiki entry, and it said some select fire ones were made??? So which one did you luck on to, the select fire one, or the semi-auto one? It says most went to the ost front, but I wonder if some went to the west?

good find at the Knob show! Can you post a pic of that?? Thanks for the link! :D
MP44
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by MP44 »

The one he bought is a semi, all the ones (few) that I have seen have been semi, never heard of a full auto version. He's got it posted on the G43 forum, here's the link:
http://gk43forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9750