New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

Time for Change.

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Time for Change.

Postby salt6 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm

To All Members,

I'll keep this short as is my custom.

I've decided to turn over the MG42.US website to John Baum (john@germanmanuals.com}.

There comes a time in life when you have to make a decision that is hard and one you really don't want to do. This is my second and is due to my third that is coming up in the future. The third is retirement. Retirement for me is a move to the Philippines and starting a business with my family over there.

So I have come to a difficult decision, that I could not manage or devote the time to the site from that far away. I've just sent John the info he needs to manage the site. I will begin backing away as an Admin and become just a member in the future. I hope to have the site turned over completed by the end of June.

It has been a great time here for me. All you great guys on this forum, I hope you will support John.

Thanks for the wonderful memories,
Steve
salt6
Admin
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6

roadrunner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Time for Change.

Postby roadrunner » Thu May 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Thank's Steve for all you've put Into this site.
Best of luck to you in your retirement venture. My wife's family is in Phil. also and I have considered the same.
We'll do our best to treat John well.
Good travels to you, Wally :D

Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Postby Der Alder » Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 am

Good luck Steve...thanks for all you've done.
Congrats John....we are in good hands. :)

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JBaum » Sat May 27, 2017 8:54 am

I had a board years ago, before everyone could get internet access. Glad to be here as a member, and happy to have this board now.

Thanks go to Salt6 (Steve) for getting this board going, keeping it going for all these years, and now wanting the board to continue as his priorities have changed.

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

Return to “Chatter”