Congressional candidate under fire for being a re-enactor...

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Congressional candidate under fire for being a re-enactor...

Post by dwmmg08 »

This is just irritating!

He's a fellow WWI re-enactor, as well as WWII and Civil War. His opponent dug up a picture of him at a WWII re-enactment, actually just a dinner, to attack him with;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10 ... ment-past/

:puk:
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Congressional candidate under fire for being a re-enacto

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Heard this on Fox news Sunday,What a chicken sh!t move!!! :puk: :puk: :puk: The demacoms can't debate the issues or garner support for thier commie agenda :lame: ,So attack the living history guy;Who proably knows more American history than the whole bunch combined! The Dems have more in common with the Nazis than they care to admit!!

Bill :read:
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Picking on Lott for being a reenactor shows the low standard of morals of his attacker, who is willing to do and use any method to discredit Lott.

That to me is grounds enough to vote for Lott. Lott's opponent must be a real loser to stoop so low.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It is someone running for office-how high of a standard would you expect?? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

If you are going to Re-enact then why does it have to be an SS? Why not just Wehrmacht soldat? I brought that to attention here before on this forum and got my posts erased some even called me a Nazi.
cptdarling506

Post by cptdarling506 »

hakentt wrote:If you are going to Re-enact then why does it have to be an SS? Why not just Wehrmacht soldat? I brought that to attention here before on this forum and got my posts erased some even called me a Nazi.
By some strange fact it was some of our Fathers or our grandfathers who had to go and fight a war to allow us the very freedom to wear what we like and do what we like,within reason.Some how I dont think they intended our lives to be dictated to in what or how we live .
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

hakentt wrote:If you are going to Re-enact then why does it have to be an SS? Why not just Wehrmacht soldat? I brought that to attention here before on this forum and got my posts erased some even called me a Nazi.
Your saying if your going to be the bad guy, be the politically correct most lovable bad guy you can be........? :puk:

It seems a poor decision on his part to reenact as any foreign soldier and not realize when he became a Congressional candidate everything in his past would be used against him.
To characterize anyone/everyone who reenacts as a foreign solder as evil ,immoral or anti-American is just wrong. there cant be any good guys without bad guys. If you need make believe bad guys then pretend to be the bad guys with some strong reputation like the SS, not some nondescript Wehrmacht division full of draftees or press-ganged foreigners.

The Dem's have no right to point fingers and compare people to nazis, the gun laws they passed in 68 are an almost verbatim translation (note#1)from the laws the nazis wrote to disarm the people and rise to power. until those laws are repealed the Dem's will always be the unofficial American Neo-Nazis party to me.

#1 - I don't read German, this is second hand, unconfirmed by me, information. YMMV.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

i had relitives that served in the waffen ss ---if i were to reenact it would be with the 1ss panzer div..
some years ago the 1st ss had a reeanctment in camden---it was aewsom---i bet there were 250 soldiers -misc morotcycles all kinds of weapons,ect
it's not all about being a nazi
waffen :)
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

The guy should call a news conference to publicly admit that he also played the robber on occasion when he and the neighbor kids played cops and robbers.

No sense in giving the opponent an advantage by letting them release all the dirt from his younger days. How ridiculous.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Heard an interview with him today... He is INDORSED by the 101st Airborne vetrans group for his ACCURATE portrail of U.S. Airborne troops from WWII....Demacoms failed to mention that!! :WTF: :puk:

Bill :read:
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

This is absolutely ridiculous! I wonder if i will be labeled a communist-supporter due to my halloween costume :shock: ... This guy was just re-enacting, there HAS to be people of both sides! How historically correct could they even make a re-enactment with just Allied soldiers???
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

To expect sense from the media... is not logical.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

What would happen if two guys reenacted the 2000 or 2004 elections dressed as Bush and Gore or Kerry. The media would be all over that like stink on poop. If somebody dressed up like Obuma..... :shock:
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:To expect sense from the media... is not logical.
Thats because for the past 60 years, Hollywood and other media in this country demonised "nazi stuff" in their movies and programs, the propaganda is so severe that it surpassed massive anti german propaganda of soviet union. So if you at any point in your life time put some WW2 german military memorobilia on you and someone takes a picture, that picture can ruin your carrier at any point of time in your future in this country. So DARIVS you know you can't run for any political seat in this country you know that. I re-enacted only soviet soldiers when they raped german women, so I am good to go for any political seat in america media won't touch me. I had my full soviet soldier garb, liter of vodka, accordion, pssh41. If obama administration sees my re enact photos they would probably give me a job at the white house
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

DARIVS you rule dude, just saw your MP40 video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo9yZT_ ... h_response

Some people do question your garb, LOL.

Around here, reenactors in Waffen SS uniform are common, since for some reason those units are more popular in the USA. I chose to portray a Heer Soldat because I am not comfortable with the stigma of the reputation of the SS, and the Wehrmacht outnumbered the SS 10 to 1 in numbers, and I wanted to be more mainstream, because of the unrealistic amount of SS reenactors out there. As for scruffy, take a look at what soldiers truly look like sometime. They certainly are not clean.

So you finaly agree with me? Wehrmacht all the way. So whats wrong with just answering people on you tube that you are nazi, there is nothing illegal about it, you won't go to gulag for it
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

Meine Ehre Heisst Treue!
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

hakentt wrote: I re-enacted only soviet soldiers when they raped german women,
Do you proof read what you post ? :bang:
:brain:
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

hakentt wrote:DARIVS you rule dude, just saw your MP40 video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo9yZT_ ... h_response

Some people do question your garb, LOL.

Around here, reenactors in Waffen SS uniform are common, since for some reason those units are more popular in the USA. I chose to portray a Heer Soldat because I am not comfortable with the stigma of the reputation of the SS, and the Wehrmacht outnumbered the SS 10 to 1 in numbers, and I wanted to be more mainstream, because of the unrealistic amount of SS reenactors out there. As for scruffy, take a look at what soldiers truly look like sometime. They certainly are not clean.

So you finaly agree with me? Wehrmacht all the way. So whats wrong with just answering people on you tube that you are nazi, there is nothing illegal about it, you won't go to gulag for it
I have no problem with people who question my garb. Take Bil for example. He does nothing BUT question my garb. Oh, and if you want to read shock jock statements, visit Madonna's YouTube page.

But SERIOUSLY, Dood, I just read your post on my MP-40 vid. It was no better than that of the dumbass video game players. You stated that I should line up Jews and shoot them. What the Faack possessed you to say such a stupid thing ? I had to delete it because it was in poor taste.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

See what happens when I am away for a couple of days??? :? Everyone forgets how to get along nicely! A week ago I was at a re-enactment in Massachusetts,they had Heer,Waffen SS,an italian volunteer (???),all of the Allies,includung a real good Russian unit.Membership in one of these outfits shouldn't preclude running for office,should anyone be foolish enough to do so.To be safe,maybe do a re-enactment of a Swedish baking company-you would get lots of spectators! :( ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Darivs you are wrong I did not make those jew comments you got confused. My youtube name is same "hakentt", and I still think that is wrong re-enacting losing side of the war but nice MP40