weapon discharged at gun show

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

weapon discharged at gun show

Post by blackreichswehr »

i was in attendance @ the ECA gun show in Bloomington, Illinois this morning . i was about 8 feet away from where a rifle report rang out, something showered me, turns out it was chips of wood. Two men went down to the floor, one bleeding heavy. people went into panic mode,i was almost tramped down. turns out a fellow looking @ a mini 14, went to lay the rifle down on the table and it fired off a live round. the bullet went through a 8" wooden post, then struck a fellow in the chest which exited his back. the bullet then struck another person behind the first victim-- where he was hit, i'm not sure. i'll admit, it rattled me , as a rule i don't go places with large crowds. the worst part of it all for me, was the panic of the crowd and not being able to see what was happening next.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: weapon discharged at gun show

Post by salt6 »

Glad you're alright. Keep us posted on the other guys.

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Thoughts and Prayer to those hit... Many other thoughts about those not checking to see if was a loaded weapon...... Which the one's hit I understand were not near the weapon, just the receiving end.

If that weapon was on a dealers table and the dealers weapon then it "SHOULD" have been checked..... And cleared and tied (locked) into a open bolt position..... With plastic tie strip or something like that....

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I hate it when dopes think that to see if they like a gun they have to pull the trigger.

Was the seller responsible? Absolutely!

Was the guy who pulled the trigger stupid? Yup, without a doubt.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
stegger
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by stegger »

jbaum wrote:I hate it when dopes think that to see if they like a gun they have to pull the trigger.
Was the seller responsible? Absolutely!
Was the guy who pulled the trigger stupid? Yup, without a doubt.
150 % agree ... Don't know about US , but here in Lithuania we have an expression ,,and stick is able to shot once a year'' .
... krieg kann man nicht spielen ...
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

What I cant figure out is how the seller had a gun on his table that was loaded, and not safety tied- why would you even put a gun out to sell loaded? I can't stand the fools who think you have to pull the trigger too. The first thing I do when picking up any gun is to check to see if it's loaded, even if I've checked it 300 times already, it's a good habit to be in.

Thoughts and Prayers to the poor totally uninvolved people who were just walking by on the next aisle who got shot! Wow that bites!

Stegger, interesting saying from Lithuania!

Glen :shock:
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

terrible...frightening as well.

I thought in this day and age, people are checking the guns 15 different ways and never a live round would end up in the mix.

...this certainly was a dose of reality as to why you have to repetidly check to ensure weapons aren't loaded in this situation.

Feel bad for the guy that took the slug. Hope he is ok.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

At my store we clear the weapon in front of you before we show it to you. Then we watch to make sure any hands don't load it. Even then in front of client before we put it back we clear it again. Better to be sure than sorry.

Later 42rocker
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Thank God nobody was killed! , But you can bet,as sure as the sun will rise, the anti-gun, anti-gun-show crowd will try to exploit the actions of a couple of morons (seller with a loaded weapon and the jerk on the trigger) to advance "reasonable limits" on gun shows.... :puk: :puk:

Bill
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Here is a link to the newspaper article - http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/ar ... 03286.html
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Thanks for the link...

wow...guy had the slug go through the wood and then into his back and out his chest...

still can't fathom how it happened.