Stupid people shooting guns video

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Stupid people shooting guns video

Post by JBaum »

John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Stupid people shooting guns video

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Great vid. Recoil hurts when you don't know how to prepare for it.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

What kind of rifle/caliber are all the Arab's shooting near the end?
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

On other websites they said that it was due to the powder type.

What is sad is the way some friends allowed other "friends" to get "hurt". On one of the other websites someone was talking about how he had fun watching others shoot his pistol grip shotgun....

I know it's funny but what should our role be in this????? Of course some folks should remove themselves from the gene pool....

It's still funny watching it the 5th or 6th time. Of course watching the guys in uniform leaves me with a less than happy feeling. I believe that was a m2 (50cal) barrel flying out....

Later 42rocker
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

noonxnoon wrote:What kind of rifle/caliber are all the Arab's shooting near the end?
That rifle was a .577 cal T-Rex big game hunting rifle. It's known for packing a whallop. I think the guys were Kuwaiti, and the Europeans were Norwegians and one English fellow. That video has been around a while.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I was always angered by people who let little kids, women, and non-shooters fire a powerful gun for their first shooting experience, just to laugh at them. All it does is confirm to the shooter that guns are dangerous, and anyone who shoots must be nuts. This is like saying "Let's play catch.", and then throwing the ball at their head. What a$$hole would do something like that? How ignorant.

On the other hand are people who should know better who do really stupid things, like getting their eye too close to the scope when they shoot, pull both triggers at the same time on a double barrel shotgun, shooting a cannon as a shoulder-fired weapon, and other stupidity. Their ignorance is funny.

Everyone starts with a .22 at my place, or a 9mm pistol at the largest. No pistol grip shotguns, .44 magnum, or .30-06 on the first shot. That's the same as assaulting someone to me.

Obviously, the military guys with the M2HB didn't have the barrel locked. DUH!
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

I guess that this could go a little off topic... First John you and I agree totally about what a$$holes some folks are...
Now that said I have been watching a lot of folks that did the paint ball, 22cal rifle, .223 ar-15 (like the fellow that drops his clip) growing up routine. AND they still don't know how to shoulder a rifle.... And really they don't need to. However when I watched that part of the video in which they were firing the .577 cal T-Rex big game hunting rifle (Thanks DA) how many of those folks had a good firing stance and were shouldering the rifle correctly?????????????? One? if that? I might vote for one being in a good firing stance and having the rifle shouldered. He noted a real kick but still held on to the rifle and did not loose it. A lot of those folks looked and acted like they had never shot anything large before. I have tried to teach folks time and time again how to shoulder and stand correctly and get the same it works just fine routine. So after a long talk and show how to, I let them try something like a 7.62 x 54 bolt action... I find that one of two things happens then, they want to go and do something else or start to work on their shouldering and firing stance and learn how to do it correctly. I have also found that letting them use a 12 gauge also works. Never did this with young folks or ladies that were not ready and never laughed or videoed them. I also feel that my wife and son and daughter can shoulder and hold a nice firing stance. The wife used to shoot trap with me after I taught her how to shoot. The daughter does not see the need to shoot anything above an ak47, seems to like the ak74 best. The son seems willing to jump behind anything that seems safe and he has seen others shoot before him. I guess the point is that sometimes folks need to feel that "bump" after they should know better..

Still like the video of the lady that was just over powered by the auto shotgun but still try's to keep a good stance after she is flat on her back.

Later 42rocker
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:
noonxnoon wrote:What kind of rifle/caliber are all the Arab's shooting near the end?
That rifle was a .577 cal T-Rex big game hunting rifle. It's known for packing a whallop. I think the guys were Kuwaiti, and the Europeans were Norwegians and one English fellow. That video has been around a while.
Thanks DA!

It does look big, that is for certain!

"Someday", I would like to get a big game safari type rifle...it'll have to wait until after I get my 50 cal!
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Just got this in an email

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ohy9gWz7kk

.950 JDJ

At least the folks were informed about what they were about to shoot.

Later 42rocker
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

whoa...now that is some recoil!

I like how the guy helps the other guy load...then gets the hell outta the way!