Thieves -- I hate them!!

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Thieves -- I hate them!!

Post by 42rocker »

Thieves -- I hate them!!
Well if things seem like I have not be taking care of this or that or doing this or that,,, it's because my mine and body have been thinking about and/or doing other things. Last Monday night after I left work someone or more than one person broke out the glass in my stores front door. Did what they are calling a break in and grab and run. Got my store for over Fifteen hundred plus and then plus repairs. Seems that this is something that our area sheriff has been trying to stop for about 4 months. Odds of finding or catching seem like about zero to 5%. Well got lucky as I have a standard size front door and the glass folks had a piece that would fit perfect. Final cost only about $200.00 for the broken glass. If they had not had a piece in stock it would have taken 7 days to get a tempered piece of glass made to fit the door. I guess that I should say that this is the 2nd time in the last 27 years that I've been broken into. At least no one was hurt, yet. Well back to getting some other stuff done.
STAY SAFE!!

Later 42rocker
roadrunner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Thieves -- I hate them!!

Post by roadrunner »

Man that sucks. Glad you didn't get in the mix Rocker. Some pleasure could be gained with the proper weight Louiville slugger. However, Involvement in serious altercations is no picnic. Best wishes and "you" stay safe. RR
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

cant tell what i would do to some stealing from me 8) :mg: :burn: :sniper: gungun :2gun: :snipe2: :rolling:
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

you need to build yourself one of these and strap your 42 on top for when the store is closed.
https://sites.google.com/site/projectsentrygun/

Just kidding :bnija:
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

In a talk with the Attorney, he said that claymore usage would not work well in a court of law.
That said I might bounce this one off him.
Thanks for the link.

Later 42rocker
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

i think claymores are a very good idea hey do ya need a stick grenade
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

well i guess if you HAD to go nonlethal you could keep the paintball gun with solid rubber paintballs.
http://www.choicepaintballguns.com/product/RAPBALLS
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

DI
I brought the subject of claymores up with the fellow replacing the glass and he said that he has claymores that use rubber balls that really hurt. Also looked at your Sentry Gun project for over an hour. Might think about using it in the store with paintballs.
Whatever Life is going on. Pay Bills Pay Bills and so on.

Later 42rocker
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

[urlhttp://burglarbomb.com/][/url]http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =343241395Sorry to hear about your loss. These are two items that you need. And a tax-deductible business expense! The first is an automatic c/s gas dispenser. The second item is a a trip-wire booby trap. Both non-lethal and no clean-up involved. These protect my shop. I have the trip-wires set up low across dark doorways with the noisemaker at ear level. The trip-wire goes through eyebolts with a removable hook at the end. I set the traps when I leave, even for a short time. Between these, and the alarm, I feel I've got the upper hand against the theives. I've caught myself at least once, so I know they're effective!....Phil
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

One of the things that I worry about on tripwires etc. is their getting hurt and then their thinking about burning down the shop. Even that paintball gun would worry me.
Hope they never test out your tripwires.
Turns out this person has been at it for several months. Out local leo just has not caught him yet.

Later 42rocker