What happened to DARIVS ARCHITECTVS ?

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

What happened to DARIVS ARCHITECTVS ?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I'm still around, guys! This is still a forum I cruise for news, just not as often since I sold my MG-42. Still have other nice guns though. Things are stressed at work because of personnel cutbacks, and some may be leaving because of the resulting heavy workload. Since shooting is expensive these days, we only had a 25 person turnout at the annual machinegun shoot but still had lots of fun, partially because of the bowling ball mortar. Truly awesome. Gets applause every shot.

Three years ago, I revisited a hobby that was neglected for40 years, building historic model sailing ships. After 2 years and 8 months, I finished my first work, the 72 gun French man-o-war La Couronne (the Crown) from 1636. Work has begin on the next ship, the 100 gun British HMS Sovereign of the Seas.

La Couronne 1636

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
bbrown
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: What happened to DARIVS ARCHITECTVS ?

Post by bbrown »

Very nicely done! Is that from a kit, or all home made, or what? I'm definitely envious. :)
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: What happened to DARIVS ARCHITECTVS ?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

The ship was based on a kit, but some many changes were made, it only partially resembles the kit. The ship had added details including internal lighting, changes to the types of wood used (more walnut), full rigging with sails made from scratch. The ship build took 2 years and 8 months and costs went over $3200. I'm starting a second ship, HMS Sovereign of the Seas. That one will really be something!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury