Introductions (or one way to increase your post count).

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
kevshan40

Post by kevshan40 »

I also have a couple of Bren MKII kits that I hope to be able to build as semi's. I have two sons so I have to do some of these projects in multiples of two! If anybody has pictures of their semi Bren machining I'd really like to see them, Thanks.
kevshan40

Post by kevshan40 »

I have also joined the group buy of the MG34 on weaponeer right now. I ordered a couple of the receiver sections from IMA. I hope that I get something that can be cobbled together into a semi receiver.
kevshan40

Post by kevshan40 »

As previously stated, I have two sons and the requisite wife that goes along with them. I also am a volunteer firefighter. I have had a Curios and Relics FFL for the last 12 years. I built a couple of FALs a few years ago and got bit by the parts kit building bug. Granted the FAL were a walk in the part compared to this kind of kit building. I am rambling now just to get my post count up.
oushot12

Post by oushot12 »

Yea I have to do the same
duv41
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by duv41 »

I was able to check out the FS section for a few days. Now it says I need 5 posts. I guess an intro is in order.
m1-dan
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by m1-dan »

my name is Dan, and i live over on the eastern part of Connecticut. When i joined this isght i had a 1919a4 being built and now she is finished i need something else to look into. I read up on the MG-42 and they have always appealed to my eye. I am a Auto Body Student/ Tech and will be looking into fabrication for a future career. So far this Forum has been great to me with many members that have superior knowledge about this gun. Im looking forward to reading more and learning as much as i can. Thats just a brief intro by me!

Dan
duv41
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by duv41 »

Hello to all! I've been hanging around lately reading up on the great info to be found on this site. I'm from Northeast Nebraska and have been collecting and shooting military surplus rifles for a few years. My interest in military rifles started with the purchase of a K98 as a teenager and has grown every since. P38's and k98's are bye far my favorites. Hope to put the great info on this site to use in building a SA42 and maybe be able to contribute some usfull info as well.
woody001

Post by woody001 »

My name is woody.I've been lurking for awhile.So Hello
heinrich

Post by heinrich »

New Guy here. New to MG's but not to firearms. This is a fantastic sight. Already put me in contact with someone for German manuals(John Baum - Thank You)! I found this sight through a recommendation via WW2 Reenactors site.

Rich
Rasputin

Post by Rasputin »

Abwehr wrote:Mike,

Hello and welcome to the Forum! I live in SC too; in the Spartanburg area! what area do yo live in? Man, this would be great if we were close together. I feel like the "lonesome cowboy" as there are VERY few belt fed guns in my area. The closest belt fed "junkies" to me are Orin and "BaseRigger". I have shot with BaseRigger (Browning 1919A4) once and had a Blast (pardon the pun).

Not knowing the area of SC you are in, are you aware of the State Shooting Ranges that are free for us to use? I have two near me; one is 15 min. and the other is 35 min. These ranges make it nice to go shooting anytime during daylight hours.
Don't forget me!! New to this beltfed thing to.
Us SC folks got to stick close.
Rasputin

Also new here...

Post by Rasputin »

Hello, I am also new here.
From the Northwest corner of South Carolina.

We like to say...."Gods Country"
Rasputin

New Guy racking up posts...

Post by Rasputin »

Yup, I like walks through the briars.
Dogs on point.
The smell of Hoppe's #9.
Swarf.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

Hello,

My first post on this site. I normaly go by the name Turbo Archie on other boards but that wouldn't apply here. I've been heavly into Turbo Buick Grand Nationals for about 12 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kleist on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

During that time I've goton burnt out from time to time and the cars sit untill I gain interest again. They cost a lot to keep running, and break parts alot. Last fall, my full weight '87 Limited ran a best of 10:83 @ 122. This is a basicly stock car that I drove up from FL. The motor let go not too long after that.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

So now I have to replace that motor. I have a 4.1 ready on the stand, but thats for the other car('86 T-Type). I keep steeling from that car to fix this one. The '86 has plates on it from '00. My wife has never seen the car move under it's own power.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

Anyway, these cars are fun, but after looking at the money I wasted on these cars over the years, and if I would have started collecting German anything 12 years ago I would have been way better off. The German stuff goes up in value, the cars only cost more $$.
Kleist

Post by Kleist »

So, I see myself slowly geting out of the car thing and move towards something fun, but will keep it's value.

I've always had a thing for WW2 German stuf even as a kid. I remember when I thought $125 german helmets were alot of $$$.

An RC K98 started my gun collecting. My main interest are K98's cause thats all I can afford.

Those cheep $150 Bren kits got me into Parts Kits.

So thats it, now I can hord the for sale section.

P.S. anyone need any Buick parts???
zip code

Post by zip code »

Hello one & all:

First post!

I better post something or else I might be deleted for not posting at all.

As to fire arms I'm more so toward Japan as my dad fought in the Pacific on the light crusier U.S.S. Mobile CL 63. His Japanese Type 38 rifle was hauled on to the stern deck of the cruiser by the float planes crane at Sasebo Naval Base, Japan. He said he was lucky to get what he did.

From that one rifle my Japanese side of the collection has sprouted out to include 1 = Type 30 rifle, 1 = Type I rifle { made by Beretta in Italy }, 4 = Type 38 carbines { one being made at the Mukden arsenal in Manchuria}, 8 = Type 38 rifles { one from Mukden }, 11 = Type 99 rifles { one from the Jinsen arsenal in Korea } 2 = Type 14 Nambu pistoles { one pre war & the other made in 1943 }.

I may have more from the USSR, but Japan is the favored country.
ljm62

Hello

Post by ljm62 »

I need to up my post count to to check out whats for sale :roll:

Live in Alaska and have been looking at these darned parts sets in shotgun news since the mid 90's and never got around to buying one... Shouldn't have waited.

Have put together a heavy barreled FAL parts on an entreprise reveiver. Assembling a hungarian AK on a OOW receiver. Have a Sterling Parts set I am thinking about building on one of the Sten Mk III semi auto kits.

A semi belt fed would be nice!
ljm62

Hello continued

Post by ljm62 »

I have a C&R that's trying to drain my banks accout. Recently got an CMP M1.

Best gun store find was a G-43 missing the front handguard and having the dust cover screwed down onto the receiverfor $125.