Anyone going to Knob Creek?

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Pirate
General
General

Anyone going to Knob Creek?

Post by Pirate »

I will be going to knob creek friday and saturday with another member from miami.
Any one else going to be there? if so and you want to meet pm me and I will give you
my cell number.
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

Unfortunetly I can never get the time off in the spring.. Which is too bad cause I'm betting that the vendors know it's going to be a big show this year because of the History Channel... So there could be some good deals...

But I'll be there in October for sure!!! Have a good time Stan! And a safe trip! Bring lots of cash! :mrgreen:
~Matt
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

I'll be there Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Table C17, next to MG34.com (Allegheny Arsenal).
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Dan@AngolaArmory

Post by Dan@AngolaArmory »

I'll be there Thurs-Mon, look me up on the lower range area or at the Jungle Walk on Sat. See you all there!
Dan
Brass Scrounger

Re: Anyone going to Knob Creek?

Post by Brass Scrounger »

Nope. Gotta work. :cry:

Is it just me or has this whole thing turned into a tourist attraction? Its gotten to the point where I don't even think about trying to go on Saturday - just Friday - EARLY.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

My opinion is that if Knob Creek becomes a tourist stop, great. The more people who are introduced to the sport and become gun friendly, the less trouble all of us diehards will have.

It's nice when the neighbors finally believe that machine guns aren't illegal and quit calling the police whenever they hear a gun go bang. It's nice when the neighbors stop by to see what new toys they hear and want to see them. It helps us all in the long run with people who don't vote against new gun laws, because they realize the liberal propaganda of all of us just waiting to kill each other is crap.

Sadly, they'll drive prices even higher as some of them may want to buy machine guns, or parts kits to make a semi auto. But if enough people are on "our" side, I can't see how that's a bad thing.

Sure, it's nice not to have to wade through the people, but the positive public relations that Mail Call did for Knob Creek, and we all do at a variety of other places (atta boy, Abwehr), just means a better understanding of our sport, and that we're all not a bunch of militia members waiting to overthrow the government. No offense, militia people, I'm glad you're out there. It keeps the government, well, at least more honest than they'd be without you. :)

More public understanding means less fear and more understanding. They need to see we're not just walking around with guns, waiting for something living to cross our paths so we can kill it. I haven't hunted in years. I shoot mostly paper, but sometimes a bucket or stick floating in the pond. Properly presented, ours isn't any different than some of the other sports (archery or golf come to mind). It us against an inanimate target, and sometimes its just fun to whack a few balls at the range and not care whether they're close to hole or not.

Dan@AngolaArmory

Post by Dan@AngolaArmory »

Well said, see you there.
Dan
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Guys have good time, to bad I have to work :(
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Would love to go but work calls. Also the old mans birthday Saturday. Bugger is going to be 74 and not sure how much longer he will be around. Of course shooting a machine gun would be a pretty good present. Maybe in the fall.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Not going to make it this time - :swear:

Maybe in October...

Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

pirate you goin to aberdene with us in may? :D oh everyone else is also welcome :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

TOM R wrote:pirate you goin to aberdene with us in may? :D oh everyone else is also welcome :D
Going to try, I may be so broke from knob creek I will have to hitchhike there!!
big steve

Post by big steve »

Yep I will be there fri and part of sat. Will PM for cell # but they do not work very well there Pirate. At least mine doesn't.
Steve
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

I'll be there, burning up some leave that I should keep. It was nice to visit and meet some of you here and on the 1919 board. I'll be gimping along, hoping my back doesn't give out on me. It will be about a 10 hour drive for me, I can't see flying there and renting a car. - I just might buy something big and bulky...

I'll put on some ID that says something like MCP and list the boards that I belong to and that might help.

See ya there!
Sledge303

Any reports from Knob Creek...

Post by Sledge303 »

I am curious to know if anyone has any impressions about the Knob Creek event ? Was it well attended? Did the bad weather in the area have any effect there?
slowfinger

Post by slowfinger »

Sledge303, Yes it was a good time but puored rain on the thursday NFATCA meeting and friday was better and well atended too, early shoppers...Gary Cole had at least twenty five rifles set asside by noon! I picked up a MP44 bolt that I needed and a repo muzzel nut. Saw one MP44 transfereable going for $19500. WOW huh? Start savin your bucks. A note on the darkside was a subgun was taken from a dealers table but I never heard the outcome. And oh yea...the cute chicks working in the cafeteria are very friendly too! Cannon was fired on miday Friday and was lots o fun to watch. Anybody care to comment on Saterday and Sunday. I spent those days with a cute chick and couldn't go back for a third visit!...Slowfinger
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

Sledge 303,
I heard that Saturday was a huge turnout from what Tor (OOW) told me, ticket sales were pretty good, and with that business for all of them.

I was fortunante to meet some great folks, Gary from Coles Distributing, Dolf, Folke Myvrang and our own John Baum! Also got to talk to some of the vendors, a great group of guys with lots of things to say, and had some interesting conversations. None of which could be taped since I had my tin foil hat. Which did work for not getting a P-38, but did not help with other purchases LOL

I also was able to get some guys hooked up with various parts and pieces, just got lucky on those. Gary Cole had lots of rifles US M1 Carbines, and Kar 98ks and by Sunday, still had some carbines, and just a few 98ks. I bought a 200rd .50 drum, has some South American writing painted on it, and early 1 cut MG42 front half that looks like new among the other things that I bought.

All in all, I thought that it was a good show, lot of guns, ammo and things blowing up.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Saturday was a cold booger all day long. In the sun wasn't bad, but sitting at a table in the show area was flat out cold.

Sales were OK, lots of people looking for MP44 stuff.... if it was for an MP44, it sold. The guy whose table I was at had a 1921 model Thompson for sale - only #38,000 asking price. It was nice, real nice. I almost took it to the hotel with me on Friday night after the tornado warning sirens started blowing. I was soaked by the time I got to my car.

It's nice to put a face with some of the people who stopped by to say hi and buy a few manuals. Greets again to Dan from Angola Armory, Pirate, MCP and the other guys.

I went hunting for a soaking can for a friend... I didn't see one in the whole place. Saw some MG42 8mm barrels for $100, but the ones I looked carefully at had the barrel extension grooves chipped and worn (where the rollers ride). Be sure to check that area before you buy a barrel, if possible. If it's beat up, it'll just eat the rollers.

The crowd was better than last fall, but I've still seen a lot more people there on previous trips. Everyone was looking for MG42 and MG34 kits. Allegheny Arsenal had some fine looking MG34 kits.

All I bought was a post-war belt loader for 8mm. Now to get the gunk off it so that I can use it. Whoever sells that gunk to the military must make a ton of money, even if he only charges 25 cents a gallon, he's sold a million gallons of the stuff.

Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

I was there friday and saturday. friday was great, saturday was cold and miserable. I was disapointed that
ammo was so expensive, I had hoped to load up on some. I did spend a fortune on kits and parts, I got
a really nice Israilei hb fal kit that was my best find. a lot of stuff was over priced, but managed to get some
deals from DSA, MGS and copes. over all it was a great time and I plan on getting back in october. I had
hoped to hook up with a few more members but my cell didn't work there and I was also very busy spending
all my $$$
IO had the soaking cans for $10.00, I got one.
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

Pirate, I agree some of the prices were high, but grew overnight in some booths. My cell phone coverage was OK there. I think that I might put a sign on my cap/back pack with my handle for easy ID. It was nice to meet a few of the guys on the baord. I know it's hard to set a meeting time, because that does interfere with the parting of cash LOL

jbaum, you are right about the cosmoline some of it smells and is sticky. Now that's a weapon of mass frustration, should be banned and some better preservative applied for us ;)