UK member just joined

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

UK member just joined

Post by Pug42 »

Hi - been on here a few days, reading old posts and getting a feel for the US scene - don't want you guys thinking I'm a lurker :shock:

I've already made the acquaintance of Ryan Schnee and Damien Horn, and have met Folke Myrvang at our War and Peace show - he signed his book for me!

Got a UK deac MG34 and MG42, plus Lafette 34 '39 dated with original leather pads. All the other accessories that seem to accumulate like ammo tins and drums, barrel carriers etc etc and an ex-Portuguese transit chest for the 34. The deactivation process is relatively benign as it's invisible from the outside and the guns can still be cocked and dryfired.

I have to say I wince when I see what demilling involves on your side of the water, all those cut through receivers... :( I know you can then rebuild them as SA but still... original parts gone for good...

Here, as I'm a re-enactor with (Tiger-1.org) we can hire live weapons to fire blanks at events from a section 5 Firearms dealer, although these are usually rechambered for 7.62mm for cost reasons as NATO blanks are plentiful and cheap, but 7.92 not so easy to get. Most of our guys that have K98 rifles have them on FAC (Firearms Certificate) so they can keep them in Gun Cabinets at home, and they usually keep them as 7.92 as well (bloody loud compared to 7.62!)

I'll post again if I have anything useful to say, or more likely questions for the many experts on here! Nice to meet you all guys - I note some of you are renactors as well.

Regards
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Good Morning David and welcome to the board!!
You'll soon find that you've fallen in with a sorry lot - :D but one that can provide boatloads of information.

Again, welcome!!

Regards,
Orin

PS: Get the camera out and send us photos of the goodies that you have...

[(O)]
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Thanks 762x51 (is that ball or dum-dum ha ha) - I have posted a question already about a sling in MG34 Accessories section! With pics!!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Pug42 wrote:Thanks 762x51 (is that ball or dum-dum ha ha)
:snipe2: Depends on who I'm sniping at - :D

I saw the post and that is a really great looking find you have there!! -
I would ask Damien Horn what he thinks as he has a number of those.

Regards,
Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Funnily enough I have already e-mailed Damien... :lol: :lol:

He's practically next door compared to you guys...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

Welcome to your new home. This is a great site with lots of good information. Please don't hesitate to ask questions, we're here to help ya out. :)
propos

Post by propos »

Welcome. Always nice to have one of our British cousins join in the fun.
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Thanks guys! I'll get some shots organised of some of my stuff. In fact I have some pics of a minty aluminium Patronenkasten to hand so I'll post those in MG34 Accessories as well....

What are you most interested in... the guns, the lafette, dreibein, accessories?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
-M60_Gunner-

Post by -M60_Gunner- »

Howdy! :-P
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Pug 42 -welcome! As to your pics question,the answer is yes to all the above.Thanks ---bil
wildweasel
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome. (I am a newbie also) I know when I was in germany in the early 80's the demils where not too bad looking compared to the US. too bad we have to have the weapons hacked to bits. but at least we can still build Semi versions. (for now)
Glenn
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Hi to you too Wildweasel - I try not to look at the pics of those torched receivers.... I'm sure you'll have fun rebuilding yours!

Bil - will try and post pics over the next week or two...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Yes, we love pics here :), always nice to look at someone elses collection. Oh yeah..Welcome.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Hey there you will have to say hello to Britcopinaz Hes a fellow Brit and a helluva gret guy lives out here in Arizona now but you still cant understand half of what he says when you talk to him or at least i cant good to see you made it :)
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

rocco1911 wrote:Hey there you will have to say hello to Britcopinaz Hes a fellow Brit and a helluva gret guy lives out here in Arizona now but you still cant understand half of what he says when you talk to him or at least i cant good to see you made it :)
Well, it's like the old saying:

"We (Brits) have really everything in common with America nowadays -- except, of course, for the language."
-- Oscar Wilde

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Britcopinaz

Post by Britcopinaz »

Rocco,
I've told you a thousand times before
'Someones gotta keep the colonials in line, that why i'm here' :D :lol: