Ryan Schnee's situation??

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Ryan Schnee's situation??

Post by junglewalk »

Has anyone had any communication with Ryan Schnee in the last 6 weeks?

Does anyone know if he is gravely ill, or out of the country?
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Ryan Schnee's situation??

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I'm afraid it's FAR worse than that.... He's in OREGON.

I suppose I could phone him and put all your fears to rest . .
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

I haven't be able to get replies back from him either on some "restoration-work" that I wanted him to do on a MGZ-40 Optic-Carry-Can, and Lafette.
Sent photos and questions about prices......awaiting answers.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Do it Kurt!....Call him and tell him 'we are concerned about his status'.... :)

Yeah Richard, he is not answering mine and other's emails either.

Tell him, when he gets our projects done and delivered, we will be like this
chick...> :cheer:
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Geez.. I've been through this before, and like before, he'll probably say things are going to be done when he's ready, and like usual, they will get done. Didn't I tell you all many times before that he does NOT work fast? I left his phone number along with my old cell phone at the summit of Mt. Evans at 14,252 ft. I'd like to talk to him again anyhow. I'm pretty busy myself, and have to leave on a business trip to NE in 36 hours. I left him PM.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
jbc98k

Post by jbc98k »

Well at least he is consistent. You know he is slow and that is fine, but taking time to return emails is just good polite business. If he did leave the country, for work or pleasure, perhaps a quick post on this site stating that fact would cut down on his emails and post like this one.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

jbc98k wrote:Well at least he is consistent. You know he is slow and that is fine, but taking time to return emails is just good polite business. If he did leave the country, for work or pleasure, perhaps a quick post on this site stating that fact would cut down on his emails and post like this one.
I keep on telling you guys that THAT is Ryan's modus operandi, take it or leave it. He is consistent. He is consistently honest, consistently provides quality work, consistently out of touch, and consistently slow. If you guys CANNOT HANDLE THAT, you'll simply have to do the work yourself or fins someone else. Every month I get hit up with requests to call Ryan and have me check up on YOUR projects in his care, all because I've had better luck getting responses from him, since I've bought lots from him and am a friend of his. Doods. DEAL WITH IT. I've have to wait up to a years for his work, and because I'm the patient kind, I've been rewarded with some of the finest work with attention to detail. All I can tell you guys is SETTLE DOWN and wait. It will get done. Ryan is NOT IN BUSINESS and does this work for us as part of a hobby, subject to all the delays of his busy schedule. We are not in the top of his priority list. I know the disappointment this brings, but you guys know I will always TELL YOU LIKE IT IS. Ryan is NOT a typical merchant. I have not heard ANYONE complain about the quality of his work. If your project truly cannot afford the long delays, you will have to assign the project to somebody else. John Baum and I wnd others work to a different set of rules. We guys who provide help to the rest of you all work differently. Frankly, all you guys on this forum are the best bunch of guys I have ever found in this hobby. Even Bil and TC (don't hold me to that).
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Wouldn't think of it.Some of us know Ryan is elusive at times,but a generel "Hello" once in a while wouldn't hurt.In absense of that,you will be the one picked on from time to time.Ryan does do nice work and his stuff is first rate.I don't know what the answer is. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

I talked briefly with Ryan this evening. He has been very busy with work. Like most of you I had been waiting for him to finish our business and had to wait a bit longer than I was originally expecting. Ryan's commo skills are not the best but he WILL do what he says.

greg
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Rule of Thumb: Communication with Ryan is rarer than the stuff he sells.

Oh, and by the way, I have been hitlet-free for over a month now. How about THAT, Bil & TC...!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Another record!!Congratulations,big guy-the trophy is being engraved and will be delivered by Miss Minnesota herself! :cheer: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Can I just get Miss Minnesota all to MYself?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I'll have to agree with Dariv. Ryan can be slow, but in the end you will get your product. When something was delaying my MGZ34 optics, he let me hold onto one from his personal collection until he finished it. Just give him some time.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Hey Andreas! How you been? Haven't heard from you on the forum in a while... :welcome:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury