Suicide attempt fails after five shots to the head...

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
Michael J

Suicide attempt fails after five shots to the head...

Post by Michael J »

According to our local newspaper "The Province":
Jacobo Beck, An 84 year-old Argentine man fired five .22 bullets into his head and one into his chest and remained conscious long enough to be rushed to a hospital, where he slipped into a coma.
Apparently this guy is in critical condition, but alive! I guess any thoughts of buying a .22 handgun in the future for self defense just went out of the door for me :lol:.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Suicide attempt fails after five shots to the head...

Post by JBaum »

When I was a deputy sheriff, there was a guy in jail who shot himself in the head with a .22 years ago. The bullet did laps inside his skull, and they had to drill holes and remove bone to fix some of the damage. The guy was pretty screwed up, but after he started going bald later in life, his head sort of looked like a section of golf ball.... big dimples all over where the skin was over the holes that were still in his skull.

If you're going to do it, it's hard to beat a .45 in the mouth. ewwwww, was that out loud?
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Ewwwww. . . . . :shock:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

I have heard of people using a SHOTGUN (in the mouth) now THAT would be a bit of OVER KILL!! :shock: (pun intended) (I know! I'm a sick B*****D!)
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

If you were to go out, the most bad@ss would have to be a .50cal handgun of some sort, mind you i'm sure it would blow your hands off, but heck, you'd be a goner anyways :shock: !
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

carlque wrote:I have heard of people using a SHOTGUN (in the mouth) now THAT would be a bit of OVER KILL!! :shock: (pun intended) (I know! I'm a sick B*****D!)

there is a local guy around here called shot gun dave. his 2 brother died in an accident and his other brother killed him self.
he decided to kill himself as well. he stuck a shot gun in his mouth and blew the right side of his face off. this was back in the early 80's. hes still around today. thats one thing i would not want to fail at.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Orion Arms wrote:
carlque wrote:I have heard of people using a SHOTGUN (in the mouth) now THAT would be a bit of OVER KILL!! :shock: (pun intended) (I know! I'm a sick B*****D!)

there is a local guy around here called shot gun dave. his 2 brother died in an accident and his other brother killed him self.
he decided to kill himself as well. he stuck a shot gun in his mouth and blew the right side of his face off. this was back in the early 80's. hes still around today. thats one thing i would not want to fail at.
First off, ouch :shock: :( , I feel bad for the poor man, and the loss of what seems to be most of his family.

Seriously though, how do you miss at closer than point blank range (technically you are already inside the target) :? .
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Its all in the angle.He must have had a bit of deflection! One of my neighbors had the same problem,it made his life miserable for at least another 20 years. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Deflection :shock:! At that range, it doesn't matter if you hit something like the roof of your mouth with an angle of 1 degree! those pellets, wouldn't the just blow the side of your head off? Unless you slipped (due to some previous intoxication, i would imagine) and completely missed the roof of your mouth, and literally had it pointed sideways facing your cheek...

I think we have all learned a great deal from this post :), don't trust anything less than your good old .50cal :shock: .
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

some people who know him think he flinched or chickened out at the last .000001 second and turned away.