CLEO for 03 FFL in Manassas, VA

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

CLEO for 03 FFL in Manassas, VA

Post by MCP »

With some of the gun shops charging $20 to $30+ on transfers, I thought that its about time to get my CCR 03 to save some of those nickes and dimes this hobby can cost. At $30.00 for three years, it just pays for itself...

I will be contacting the ATF for the requisite forms, do you know who is a good CLEO for this area? I also want to build a SBR, I know better do it really soon, and I think the paperwork goes to the same POC.

Thanks!

I posted this on 1919a4.com site too for those refugees that haunt both sites :D
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: CLEO for 03 FFL in Manassas, VA

Post by man_am_boden »

Well, im not from the area but as for the SBR, i believe you can use a trust through quicken willmaker. I did this to get my silencer for my M4. And im pritty sure that is all my friend used in Florida. Now with the trust you dont need a CLEO, just FORM 4 from the mnfg. doing the work. I would ask whoever you were going to have do or get the SBR from. And see if you can go this free and easy route in your state.
Semper Fi
Tyler
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

Thanks for the tip!
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

I'm not up on my BATFE rules. Can you guys explain exactly what process is going on here and the benefits thereof? What is a CLEO? What part does a trust have in obtaining a ccr? Can you fill in the blanks?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by man_am_boden »

Well first with the "CCR" im not sure if the trust will work i dont see why it wouldnt, and i know they are actually very easy to get and have and they are cheap. Its all in if you want to keep records of what you buy and sell, collector wise. I was thinking of getting one as i have seen a good amount of older collector pieces i would like to have. And sent directly to my house.
Now for the the "CLEO" i think it stands for Chief Law Enforcement Officer, as in the local polce chief or sheriff.
Now using the Revocable Living Trust you dont need to do anything besides print a free one off the computer useing quicken willmaker, then fill it out and go to your local bank sign it and have it notorized, no hassle, no running around. This avoids one fo the other two possible ways of doing it. One being you have to get the CLEOs signature which i have heard can be a pain. Plus its none of there business on what you have and what you want to do, my personal opinion. IT can concern them, when and only if i commit a crime, which i dont plan on doing., for the record.
I know the trust is good for all "NFA Weapons" like for my silencer, short rifles, short shotguns, Full Autos, and Explosive(Destructive) Devices. There may be a few more.
Like if i wanted to take an AR upper to a gunsmith and have it shortened to a SBR then i would need to do this paper work and send in the money to the BATFE and when they send the paper work back i can leagally have it.
There is also a FORM 4 you fill out which is the paper work that has the serial numbers, purpose, etc. on it that the ATF will use in there paper work and they will send you(at least one copy) back which is yours and then you maintain that somewhere safe, then also keep one with the NFA at all times for legal purposes.
If you use the living trust you also need to send in a proof of citizenship form which i have if you need i could try and email to you, if you cant find one that is as simple as a signature if you are a citizen.
Off the top my head that is everything i can think of.
Tyler
Semper Fi
Tyler
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

And by CCR, I assume you are referring to what most of us call a C&R????? Collector of Curios and Relics?

I just got mine a few months ago and used my CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) as my reference. Used our city police chief. There were no problems, and the license came within a couple of weeks of submitting the application.

I'm confused on the short-barrelled-rifle deal, though. I'm building a SA PPSH41 soon, and would like to keep the short barrel. What, exactly, is the process for getting "permission" to keep it short?

I guess I really need to spend some time on the BATFE site and bone up on the regulations.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by man_am_boden »

Well as for the PPSH as far as i know it is short and fine because it is a sub machine gune, ie. it shoots pistol rounds correct? But if you need the stamp for it is the same as the silencer i described but instead of a silencer it would be for a shortened barrel. And with that you would most likely have to send the $200 check to the BATFE, there is a $5 check but im unsure as to what options that pertain to.
Semper Fi
Tyler
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Garry-I am also not sure of the rules on stuff like the PPSH and Beretta 38a-barrel length-SBR,etc.I asked on the Prexis/sten site,but am still not really sure.Let me know what you find out.I already have the CCR-that Fogarty can really play!! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by man_am_boden »

Bil wrote:I already have the CCR-that Fogarty can really play!! :lol: ---bil
Yes he can Bil, yes he can!
CCR sure so sounded so right to, so i used not even realizing it is C&R.
Semper Fi
Tyler