Restored German NZ 350/1 now running!

Just about anything goes but no MG42 or MG34 talk.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Restored German NZ 350/1 now running!

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Hi guys!

I just finished restoring a 1943 German DKW NZ 350/1 motorcycle, which I bought from a fellow reenactor, Tim Neumann in VA. After a lot of help from God, Tim, and my neighbor Jebb, I finally got it maintenanced and running with full restoration of all the parts. I still need some practice shifting it, and am going to get my motorcycle license in May. I'm totally stoked! Gonna put a whole in AlGore's ozone layer with this one, I'm CEREAL!
:wnana:

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Chuckm
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Restored German NZ 350/1 now running!

Post by Chuckm »

WOW ! ! ! ! :cheer: :cheer:

That is VERY nice DA now all you need is to find how to add a sidecar and mount a '34 on it :mrgreen:

Chuckm
Nevada
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Oh my, i like it :D. Uhh.. I'll trade you my little brother for it! He is excellent at doing yard work and other manual chores :lol:
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

Congrats Darius!!!! That's one cool bike! Looks like it ought to be fun!
:bnija:
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

LOOKS GREAT !!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Bill :read:
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Nice job, DA......

:cheer:

MGMike
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I was going to make a remark about who rides 'bitch',but instead I will say that this is some sweet ride,a real nice job.Good to see something other than a BMW[Those are also nice,but everywhere] Do you still have the smaller version bike,or did it have to go? The DKW is a real nice bike.[after the war,BSA got the DKWs and built their smaller bikes.I have one of the early ones,much smaller.Nice job,just in time for re-enacting season! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Bil wrote:I was going to make a remark about who rides 'bitch',but instead I will say that this is some sweet ride,a real nice job.Good to see something other than a BMW[Those are also nice,but everywhere] Do you still have the smaller version bike,or did it have to go? The DKW is a real nice bike.[after the war,BSA got the DKWs and built their smaller bikes.I have one of the early ones,much smaller.Nice job,just in time for re-enacting season! :D ---bil
Do ya wanna ride bitch, Bil? That can be arranged. :lol: I gave rides to a couple neighbors today. Drove to a couple different towns to learn the foot shifter and how it handles. Top speed = 46.2 mph according to the speedometer. Not a Japanese crotch rocket, but fun nonetheless.

I still have the other 1939 DKW 3PS pictured below. I had to keep it because it is so much fun because it's light. I would sell it to another reenactor if they were interested. It's very finicky to start. I often roll it and pop the clutch. The spark is only provided by the magneto.

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

Nice work.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
railsplitter

Post by railsplitter »

:2gun: :beer: The boys over at Blitzbikes would be so proud! :D The legend of DA grows and grows.....