DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Newest Baby

Post by mp44dude »

DA,

I'll get you some better photos as soon as I get off this current Army "deployment"

greg
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by CaptMax »

Beautiful gun, hope to have one someday soon. :photos:
CaptMax
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Thanks CPTMax!
Sd.kfz.173
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sd.kfz.173 »

Sexy never goes out of style thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Bill
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Nice looking Fraulein, I think she needs some ammo :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Prussia,

I agree. I bought 30K rounds of 8mm Yugo M75 sniper ball a few years back for the MG34. It runs a little weak in that gun; i'll try some in the 42 upon returning home in Nov11. I ordered 25K rounds of the 1990s 8mm Yugo that is on the market now. if the sniper ball doen't work than I'll try this. I have a little Portugeuse 8mm but planned on aving that for G43s, etc.

I am down to about 8K rounds of Romy. Have you had any experience firing this ammo from the 42? Is the bullet too lite?

Any insights - thanks in advance.

greg
Taurus454
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by Taurus454 »

Very nice gun! May I ask where you are getting the 1990 Yugo ammo from?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Tom,

The M49 will be thru a private purchase. I can't really tell you of my Yugo ammo connection (I believe they bought out alot of the 90s M49 that was released for sale about 4 months ago) as it was bought without trying to compete against wholesalers.

AIM Surplus had some and some M75 as well.

greg
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Greg;..> How long for the transfer to be approved?....Was it within your own state, our out of state? (2-transfers)
......(was this 'Doc's' gun?)
DA and I are waiting for our first transfer to be approved. (out of state, 2-transfers). It's been almost 9 weeks.....bobh
(BTW, I still can not locate a Norw-34-feed paw block...Folke is the best source now)

(if you would rather by email, tell me)
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Bob,

Either platform is fine. No secrets. I haven't started the transfer yet. I am deployed in DC right now and won't be home until NOV11. I have a couple of transfers that will be taking place then.

You are saying that transfers are taking longer than normal? I have a pretty good report with my investigator; she is usually really quick in turn around. Could be attributed to this administration AND definitely to the CRA (budget continuing resolution) bull.

The gun is not Doc's (he has a 1943 dated CRA); he still has his (and presumably will be buried with it!). It was out of the NE and found it at the Chantilly Gun show this past MAR. Of course it had to be at the same instance that a freind wanted to sell me his collection of MP44 mags, that 1990s Yugo M49 ball came on the market, and a FlaK 38 parts set came on the market! Doc suggested that I SELL the MG34 with all the "goodies" I have collected over the years but I don't think I will do that; really just jealous that I have more beltfeds than he does now!

greg
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Thanks Greg.....from what the dealers were saying at the MG Shoot at KCR this past weekend, the limited number of ATF 'processors' are handling record numbers of SBRs and suppressor requests, and lastly MG transfers. Delays were increasing up to four months.
........John Baum can give some detail, as he spent the week-end huddled in and among some of the biggest dealers in the country.
.......Oh wow, you've come this far, having the 34 for years, now having the 42, you will have reached 'perfection' by having both....That was my goal, long ago (wife not knowing, or she knew all the time). You must keep both, the 34 with both ways of feeding, and the subsequent gun, the 42 that influenced mg design, even right up to today.
....Exciting!
......Your investigator friend, if you visit her, I will share with you whatever the cost in wooooing her to help 'things' along, as long as you drop my name in her lap too, for the near future. :cheer:
...>>>Give my greetings to Doc........bobh
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by CaptMax »

mp44dude wrote:Bob,

Of course it had to be at the same instance that a freind wanted to sell me his collection of MP44 mags

greg
I would be interested in any MP44 mags that are for sale, looking for some nice blued originals here.
CaptMax
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Bob,

I may just drive over to WV and see her! I have told her that "I owe her" on numerous occasions; I would really like to buy her lunch! but I don't want to get her in trouble.

It is fun doing comparisons between the old and newer manufacturing technologies.

I am forunate as I have every small arm that the Germans used in WW2 less the two versions of the FG42. Doc is getting a "first pattern" one. I cannot compete with that.

I understand someone is making a second pattern SA version. I am not sold on the SA versions (imported MP44 didn't look that well manufactured; looked at the 08 and 09 SHOT show) of weapons coming out. Especially upsetting when they use original parts....but this is a free market!

greg
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

mp44 dude-above was mentioned your 34 with 'both ways of feeding'.Do you have the trommel type also,or feeding from right and left? Sounds like a great collection,hang on to it.Is there an MG15 in there also? thanks. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
David

Post by David »

Sweet gat.
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by mp44dude »

Bil,

You mean the DT34? Yes I am lucky to have bought 5 (some are in better condition than others) and hope to clean up and ready a few for firing after I finally get off this military rotation. I have to "fix" the top cover that goes with these as the one I bought (off someone on this list) was f#$%@d up. I will prevail; just taking more time than I had hoped. So many projects so little time. :D

greg