Almost done!

Post your pics and vids here.
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Almost done!

Post by Daskraut »

this was with a foul receiver, when I get my phili, it will rock. This looks great at 12 inches, and it was done with oxy-acet. ,the steel plug inside was tig welded.
Attachments
good shot.jpg
good shot.jpg (1009.44 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
mg display build-up 020.jpg
mg display build-up 020.jpg (783.84 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
mg display build-up 043.jpg
mg display build-up 043.jpg (766.44 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
Last edited by Daskraut on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Never give a sucker an even break, unless that sucker can break you in even halves!
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

pic no work :?
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

*nods* Kaput!!
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

Tried to fix it. I guess the link is misstyped or bad. :roll:
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

when you ad a picture, be sure to wait for the picture to be sent from your computer to the website before finishing the message.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

dumbass

Post by Daskraut »

OK, I done-did figure it out!, sorry, I tried to use the "img" type of pic posting...no worky. :oops:
slowfinger

Post by slowfinger »

Daskraut, nice photos! you would make a good sheetmetal worker. How long did it take to get it there? Slowfinger :)
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Too long!

Post by Daskraut »

Thank you for the kind words, The oxy/acyt welding took 3 hours, rework about 5.That includes the 2 times I had to cut it and re-weld due to warping!. I finally clamped it to a steel table and did 1" increment welds on opposite sides to keep it from pulling in. When I get some $ together, I am now inspired to get a wire feed and take the next step up in the welding world. I would never attempt to make a shooter unless I had a tig / mig and a whole lot more talent. I would not fire a .22 that had welds the likes that this receiver has!. :lol: . I am a rework master, but a primate with a torch.
Never give a sucker an even break, unless that sucker can break you in even halves!
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

Still looks like a fine job.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

looks great, so why do you need the philia rec.?

it never ceases to amaze me the abilities and raw talent found on these boards :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

LEGAL!

Post by Daskraut »

Why do I want a phili?,just to have a dimensionally correct piece that looks PERFECT!!. I would have waited to finally score the phili (which I just did, Tom gets a steak!) but I have been bored at lunch and watching you guys got me inspired to get the ball rolling, and to get familiar with the whole gun.When I get the legal lowdown in print on a california semi, I might just dive in........if I can get it past the wife!. Thanks for the kind words. DK
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

better pics

Post by Daskraut »

Image Image Some updated shots. New grip assembly and nice ill fitting inert display bullets!.
Jason

Post by Jason »

that looks really great. If you are going to leave the belt in for display you should flip it over. :D
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

Post by Daskraut »

flip it over?????? I am having a blond moment........due explain! :?:
Jason

Post by Jason »

the belt is upside down. the open area on the belt goes down so when the bolt comes foward a little hump can push the round forward and out of the belt. If the belt is placed in the gun with the closed portion down (like the pic) the hump would stub out on the belt.

I sure hope this makes sense.
1919gunner

Post by 1919gunner »

well as the m60 gunners used to say belts go "brass to the grass". the way you have the belt laid the bolt could not strip a round out. The open side goes down.
Daskraut
Oberst
Oberst

OWWWWWW YEAAAAAA!!!!

Post by Daskraut »

:oops: I got it now, the LINKS are upside down!!, sorry kids, a little "slow" on the draw!. I am used to sports where "everyone is a winner"........