Need some pictures of original WWII MG42 buttstocks

Post your pics and vids here.
jdepiero

Re: Need some pictures of original WWII MG42 buttstocks

Post by jdepiero »

The suit of armor looks great too! that should get the paper boy running so you can conserve your ammo

Joe D
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I love that pic DA :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

DA-as I recall you actually Build the armor? And the chain mail? Also-is your site up again? Nice pic,better mental picture than the other one! :shock: :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
SCHNELLSPRITZE

Post by SCHNELLSPRITZE »

David wrote:Are there different shade of bakelite stocks? Mine is WAa11 marked and dark black.

Hey David my bakelite butt is WAa11 too!!! and our 42's are almost like twins whats your main stamping

GH
cra ?? I wonder if the serial numbers are very close ? Nice tripod too BTW :photos:

sCHNELLSPRIZE
David

Post by David »

SCHNELLSPRITZE wrote:
David wrote:Are there different shade of bakelite stocks? Mine is WAa11 marked and dark black.

Hey David my bakelite butt is WAa11 too!!! and our 42's are almost like twins whats your main stamping

GH
cra ?? I wonder if the serial numbers are very close ? Nice tripod too BTW :photos:

sCHNELLSPRIZE
My gun is 6743m CRA NC.

The tripod looks much better now that it's ridden around in the back of the truck a few times and had copius amounts of oil and brass flying off it. :D
jdepiero

Post by jdepiero »

DA-you built the suit of armor? I would love to see more pics of it. I do not think your web site is up-are you getting it up at any time?
It amazes me the expertise you guys have on this site.
joe d
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

That is one of many suits of armour that I have made over the years as a professional armourer. THe one you saw was my stainless steel field suit for SCA fighting. My website is at http://www.stormthewalls.kicks-ass.net. Go check it out. One of the suits if for sale.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Anyone going to his site,first turn the sound on your computer WAY up! Then click on the pic of the 42. :shock: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
geladen

Post by geladen »

very cool stuff but the last thing i need is another dam hobby..... i need a second job.... :?
jdepiero

Post by jdepiero »

DA-your site is fantastic. it is a wealth of information!

Joe d
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Still looking for Bakelite Buttstocks :shock:

And Green post war .308 ones as well let me know what ya have for sale ....