Re: MG42 in action

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Boy our event there was WET. We were all like drowned rats after all that rain.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Hey 12th,

Thanks for sharing!

Great Waffen cammo first thing.

You did a great job redoing the buttstock...that natural wood looks great on it.

I gotta get some pics of my 53 up!
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

noonxnoon wrote:Hey 12th,

Thanks for sharing!

Great Waffen cammo first thing.

You did a great job redoing the buttstock...that natural wood looks great on it.

I gotta get some pics of my 53 up!
I have to give the credit to DA for redoing the buttstock. I just stood around and watched. I'm good at that. :)
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Well it still looks great even if it was done by DA .... :lol:
1ROQAIvNshootist

Post by 1ROQAIvNshootist »

Yeah, I'm inspired and will strip and redo my M53 stock :eureka:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Some more pictures from the Traxler's Hunting Lodge event.
Attachments
Sherman1.jpg
Allies1.jpg
camp1.jpg
Battle1.jpg
Motorrad1.jpg
IMG_2318.JPG
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

pretty darn cool guys :D !
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

12th,

Where did you get your helmet?

Real steel?

I got an authentic Luftwaffe helmet...but my head is too big to wear it! but I wouldn't want to damage it anyways!!

But back to a serious question...were you able to get the helmet sized? I got a BIG head :P and not just ego...I remember in kindergarden they had to take the staples out and make my graduation cap bigger because it wouldn't fit my mellon head!!!

haha...so in adult hood I haven't found a repo place that had helmets to fit my mellon!

Curious if you got a location.
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

noonxnoon wrote:12th,

Where did you get your helmet?

Real steel?

I got an authentic Luftwaffe helmet...but my head is too big to wear it! but I wouldn't want to damage it anyways!!

But back to a serious question...were you able to get the helmet sized? I got a BIG head :P and not just ego...I remember in kindergarden they had to take the staples out and make my graduation cap bigger because it wouldn't fit my melon head!!!

haha...so in adult hood I haven't found a repo place that had helmets to fit my mellon!

Curious if you got a location.
My Stahlhelm is a repro of the M-42 style. I also have a helmet cover on it. The helmet is bigger than most of the cheap repros and I replaced the helmet strap with a correct wartime one.

Here's the link.

http://www.atlantacutlery.com/p-1130-ge ... elmet.aspx

Buy one and try it out, if you don't like it, I'd probably buy it from you. :)
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

...or if it just doesn't feel right I can send it to you and you can use it for one of those big soup kitchen bowls!!
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

I have been looking for a nice Blurred Edge helmet cover. ANy ideas on good repro ones?

RR
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

At The Front has some nice blurred edge style covers in fall and spring colors.

http://www.atthefront.com/
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

I can't understand why all the uniforms, these people dressed in same uniforms gassed millions of people so why are you guys dressed like this, might as well dress as taliban they are bad as nazis. DARIVS ARCHITECTVS are you OK man?

I can understand the love for MG42 but SS uniforms, comon!
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

i agree, why do re-enactors have a fascination with the SS image. why not dress up like an army private instead? maybe it has to do with the fancy camo but I doubt it. you have to give DA credit though, he seems to like the wehrmacht look. AK47s are cool but I would not dress up like abdullah mohammed to reenact the current war!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Differant uniforms-Allgemeine SS were the ones with the gas-Waffen SS were the front-line soldiers of the SS.Although there were some pretty bad actors in certain theaters of the war from the Waffen SS,especially in the Balkan campaign,much cruelty on both sides.I think the fascination with the Waffen SS is because of their fighting reputation.I for one have never seen anyone doing a concentration camp re-enactment for historical purposes,just for 'official' uses.
We are also not supposed to get into personal attacks here,nor indulge in spurious political discussions,except maybe in the 'chatter' section.Official reminder.Not kidding. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
dwmmg08
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by dwmmg08 »

In all seriousness, re-enacting is not at all the same across different eras.

WWII re-enacting in general seems to have most groups playing the "elites" on all sides; the SS faces off against the Brit Paras and the US Airborne all the time, or so it seems to someone not really in it. Average army units seem to be in the minority, and smaller. WWI and Civil War re-enacting here in the states is much more about doing the average trooper, so much so that in Civil War, it seems like groups portraying the "elites", Zouaves, Sharpshooters, etc, get looked down on and joked about by the hardcores. WWI came from Civil War re-enactors, and most German units continue to focus on the average troops of that mincing machine.

Neat pictures all from the WWII front! Always good to see good and neat gear, I hadn't seen this thread at all until it got brought up, neat pics!!! Darius, your stuff looks spot on in all your pics. I'll have to dig out some of mine for the WWI section. :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

DAs pics are all just little red Xs,am I missing something,or is he re-enacting the Red Cross?? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
SgtSteiner47

Post by SgtSteiner47 »

If you want good camo, go to ssmwholesale.com. I reenact with 2nd SS Deutschland out of New England. Most of are from VT, Mass and CT.

If anyone is interested let me know, we are in need of new recruits, we are like 30 strong right now.

ssdeutschland.com