WTS: S/A MG42

Saved for Reference.
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

WTS: S/A MG42

Post by ickmann »

Selling this immaculate matching #'s MG42 Semi-auto built on a BRP by fellow forum member Oakrodent. Oak has an incredible eye for detail and his building skills are among the best I have run across. I have put @ 500 rnds down her since purchasing it WITHOUT FLAW (yes..hard to believe) and she runs like a raped ape (apologies to any offended ape-lovers out there). She is in excellent condition and has been cleaned spotlessly after each time at the range. Finished in a beautiful grey/green park and the wooden stock has been cleaned and lightly sanded and then waxed with furniture paste wax..no poly or BLO. Only none german part on her is the Yugo bipod, which I will remove and replace with a German 1943 marked, waffenamp etc. when sold. Comes as shown NOT INCLUDING HELMET..so please don't ask about it, unless you want to make a good offer that I can't refuse. Will consider trades..Enfield No4 MKI T with scope/case/transit chest etc. or an immaculate semi-auto BREN MKI (INGLIS). I have this up on GB as well, but will give forum members preference. Asking $5800.00 USPS Money order or certified bank check. I will take a personal check if I know you and have dealt with you in the past. Will come with repro late model sling, starter tab and 50 rnd belt. Shipping buyers responsibility, but I will work on getting the most economical way to get it to you. Thnx for looking folks. Will consider FTF in the SE Pa area.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: WTS: S/A MG42

Post by 42rocker »

Wish I could say I had the money for this nice build.... But could we see more pictures of the German markings... Please...

Later 42rocker
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ickmann »

You can see some of the markings on the GB auction site. That way I don"t have to repost pics and I don't waste bandwidth on this forum. It would take over 10 pics to show all the markings.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =223663420
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Butt stock looks nice. Nice marked top cover.
Good Luck with your auction.

Later 42rocker
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Can I ask a question? You said on GB that this is a non cut, non welded, (and Im assuming) original receiver. How is that possible?

Im not trying to be a dick, Im just wondering if there is a build option out there Im not aware of.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

As he states above, this was built on a BRP receiver. They made complete receivers for semi guns. Therefore, this has not been rewelded, as it was a complete receiver to start with.

Assuming is always trouble. This is not a former machinegun receiver, it's a receiver made within the last several years by BRP, made as a semi-auto receiver for the purpose of building a semi-auto gun.

Apparently you're correct about not being aware of how this is possible, as you didn't know about BRP complete receivers......

Nobody things you're being unfriendly in any manner. People who haven't been around this stuff for very long aren't likely to know every variation of manufacturing a semi 42. This was one of the more expensive methods which resulted in a fine gun. No receiver pieces needed welded together with this.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

jbaum,
Incorrect....

BRP "Receivers" started as 4-pcs. .......two halves made up the front half/barrel-jacket........and two halves made up the rear half......all 4 pcs. welded together.

The WWII German receivers were made from one-sheet (not counting the add-on reinforcements, brackets, etc.) and were folded around a mandrel to make up the receiver.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

ScottD wrote:You said on GB that this is a non cut, non welded,
FROM ADD wrote:This is a NON-CUT, NON-REWELD
Its built from new BRP parts welded together either at BRP or more likely by oakrodent. not a REwelded demilled reciever. looks like both jbaums answer is correct as well as blanksguys info.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Blanksguy wrote:jbaum,
Incorrect....

BRP "Receivers" started as 4-pcs. .......two halves made up the front half/barrel-jacket........and two halves made up the rear half......all 4 pcs. welded together.

The WWII German receivers were made from one-sheet (not counting the add-on reinforcements, brackets, etc.) and were folded around a mandrel to make up the receiver.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
What's incorrect?

ANY MG42 receiver has been welded somewhere, even the German ones. BRP does/did sell a one-piece receiver. The above gun could have been built from pieces, or from a complete receiver. I wasn't there, so I can't say. Either way, it's still not a re-weld.

BRP's ad for their one-piece receiver:

http://www.brpguns.com/products/MG42-Se ... ed%29.html

A picture of their receiver. Not 4 pieces, not 2 pieces. 1 piece.
Attachments
42rearbotf__71271_zoom.jpg
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

...because BRP's receivers were made from four pieces as I stated earlier (as new stampings) and "then" welded together. (you can also see the sections/welds where they were put together.

The WWII German receivers were one-piece........then folded around a mandrel and then welded.

I never said that they were not good.......just correcting a misconception that they started out as one piece of sheet metal (not)......they were made up or four stamped pieces of sheet metal.......an upper and a lower for the front-section (barrel-jacket) and two sections for the rear (a left and right-side).
I didn't make up Brian's design......it was the most cost-effective way for them to be made for him in "today's" metal working industry. Ask Brian at BRP.

The "bottle-neck" (that's slowing down of manufacture) for BRP seems to have been the piecing of these together and the associated machining required after they were pieced together from four-pieces/"stampings".

Again, ask Brian.
Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
ickmann
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by ickmann »

SOLD..Please delete. See, thats what happens when one assumes..