Bidding war for MG-42 kits, 2 available

Saved for Reference.
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Bidding war for MG-42 kits, 2 available

Post by MCP »

Two kits for sale (7.62) on gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=47030456 looks like someone wants a kit really bad. :***: watching the fun, it's now $856.01
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

why don't people do this on my auctions :?
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Ripstick

RE: Bidding war for MG-42 kits, 2 available

Post by Ripstick »

I was watching that one too... but I couldn't bring myself to bid that much on something I could have had for less than half that price only last fall. That's just crazy.

Ironically, it was because of my very recent MG-42 search on that auction site that I happened to come across this very fine MG-42 collectors group only yesterday. :D

I think I'll be staying a while. ;)
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by panaceabeachbum »

guys on weaponeer bought those, I gave one of them your email TomR, in hopes you had that nice set with the 8mm and .308 parts, I really hope these arent the new prices,
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I got the DISA tripod off this guy for $200. He was hoping to break even on the kits. :lol:
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

Looks like he made just a "little" break on those kits ;)
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

here is a copy of an email the seller sent one of the buyers after receiving their payments, wierd

http://www.hhventures.com/
Last edited by panaceabeachbum on Fri May 05, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevo
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sevo »

how did you find that man.. pretty weird stuff
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

he posted on another group last night(38 times) that both those parts sets he sold on gbroker had been assembled into illegal machineguns and that he was going to turn one of the buyers into ATF for receiving a parts set that he knew had been assembled illegaly into a working MG, I guess the fellow he was threatening posted the email as he received it along with all the senders info at that link, I dont have a dog in that fight but thought I would post it here as its 42 relevant
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

That is the tripod I got.
Why would he turn the guy in for buying a gun that was turned into a working machingun and is again parts? All of them were working machineguns at one time. He is the one who built it.
That is like robbing a store and telling the police they were selling bootleg movie videos.

I was contacted by one of the guys who bought one that he was pissed it had been welded and chopped again. Said the reciever was pretty much worthless now.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

you got one heck of a deal on that tripod, I just thought it was odd the seller would admit to having built an illegal machine gun, sent the guy a picture, and then told him he was going to turn him in to the feds for receiving contraband
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

beachbum thanks for tryin to help sell the last kit i have but no emails yet :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

it was the same fellow that bought this one on gbroker, I think he is a little sour on parts set buying currently, I considering all the caliber change parts in your set I am surprised its not been snapped up, I sold my 3 cut german set in 8mm a few weeks ago for $1k