Rivets redux

Saved for Reference.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Rivets redux

Post by Bil »

I have more free rivets-please only ask for what you need.There were some problems-since solved-with the P.O.,and some of the first batch didnt get through.I also cant find the original addresses.So I needan address for Chris O. in woodinville,WA.Also041X and PPSH41.I will be sending rivets to:GDMoore :D ,SARIN,SISU,and AFTERSHOCK2222.I have your addresses.I need addresses for:FEDUPWBS,DOC CHENEYI have rivets in 2 sizes -3/16x3/4 and5/32.The 5/32 is pretty close to the metric-it slips into the hole with a little slack that will be taken up when the rivet is bucked.The 3/16 does not slip into the hole-the receiver and rail will have to be drilled out.3/16 is the size I use,as the holes are sometimes egg-shaped or damaged by removal of the old rivets.This way you get your rails clamped in place and drill both so the holes line up.If I were using a new receiver and new rails,I would use the 5/32 rivets.If your holes are ok and the rails line up,5/32 would be good,too.Remember that there is a right and a left rail,and they will fit either side,but WILL NOT WORK on the wrong side.See stickies section for more info,or the excellant manuals by our own Jbaum.Anyone not on the above list that would like to get some free rivets for the rails on your mg42/53,please PM me with your name and address.I cant send your rivets by e-mail,PO only.Each gun takes 10 rivets,I send 11 or12 to account for F.U.s I expect to hear from the state of Arizona ,you guys are going build crazy.I dont want anything for these,and will even pay postage.However,if you look way down on the bottom of the home page there is a place where you can donate to the site using paypal.If you would donate,it would be real nice.Salt [and others] put a lot into this site and we get to use it for free! now that is a real deal.Lets help out with the costs and give whatever you think its worth. When I am out of rivets I will let you know.Thanks ---bil
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

PS- also need info for WILFX Thanks ---bil
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I could use one of each rivet required to complete the build so i can purchase them by the box have several builder friends that will be needing them this would help out alot thanks I'll PM you my Shipping address. :D
ruqikr454
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by ruqikr454 »

PM sent for some rivets, Thanks
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

RIVETS

Post by SHARPSSHOOTER5090 »

I sent you a PM with my address.

Thank you

Sharpsshooter5090
SHARPSSHOOTER5090
johnnymg
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

rivets

Post by johnnymg »

PM sent with address

Thanks

Johnnymg
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Rocco-I only have the ones for the rails.It would be nice to have a list of all the sizes,could make kits.I think robert something already does it. ---bil
wilfx
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by wilfx »

PM sent w/ address.
waterdawg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

pm sent

Post by waterdawg »

pm sent with addresss thanks
smokinggun

Rivets

Post by smokinggun »

Could I order a set of 3/16 rivets.
thank you very much !!!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

smokinggun-should I send them through your PM,or should I get a name and address? :D PM me with your info.First batch went out yesterday.Thanks ---bil
smokinggun

Post by smokinggun »

I just sent you a pm. Thanks again bil
resting
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by resting »

Bil,

Got my rivets today. Thanks. :lol:
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Thanks Bil received your Rivet Gift Today You are truly a man of your word and I will make it up to you PM me with your e-mail address i would like to send you something. rocco "Arizona Group" member. :mrgreen:
waterdawg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

received riviets

Post by waterdawg »

Thanks Bil received rivets yesterday, your a good man we owe you one
Happy Trails
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You are welcome,guys.Those that havent gotten theirs yet-a batch went out on Thurs,and more going out on Monday.No favors to me-read the original post offer-if you feel you owe anything,send a donation to the site-it takes time and money to keep this going,and its free to us.Where else can you get such a deal!? So look on the bottom of the opening page,way down ..There is a banner that you can use to donate to the site using Paypal.Thanks. ---bil
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

:ot:

this good wholesome thread wandered off topic from here and into a mindfield :roll: so i split it and sent the BS elsewhere.

Bil glad to see you living up to the MG42 unofficial slogan
"members helping members " . keep up the good work.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks,big guy! :D ---bil
Little Rhody

Post by Little Rhody »

This is getting silly,

Whe did the posts go that gave the rivet sizes???
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Rhody-the list has been moved to "Good rivet thread gone bad" Hurry up and look, it may not last! :D ---bil