WTF Ryan Schnee

Saved for Reference.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: WTF Ryan Schnee

Post by Bil »

Yup,thats the one I was thinking of... :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

Well...
After trusting him one last time, he has failed again.
RS told me he had my tripod finished two months ago, but he's been too busy to ship it.
Got a hold of his wife two weeks ago, and she said the tripod "may be" in a box in the trunk of her car, and that she would ship it last Monday. Repeated calls to him & her go unanswered.
After 3y8m, I am giving him one more week before all hell breaks loose for him.

Jorge
Regards,

Jorge

Post by noonxnoon »

Not good MP5.

Sorry to hear you have had to go through all of this.

If they do say they will send something...I would STRONGLY tell them to pay for tracking and insurance for full value...due to their black hole problem when mailing postal items.
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

[quote="noonxnoon"]Not good MP5.

Sorry to hear you have had to go through all of this.

quote]

After a full court press I have been sent a tracking number issued to their account 10/15/2009....
unfortunately UPS has not picked up the 70lb parcel yet. I guess they are waiting for a real strong UPS dude to get there!
Regards,

Jorge

Post by noonxnoon »

Jorge,

I would contact UPS and tell them about this guys past track record and to be well aware that this guy has mailing problems.

If the pickup guy detects there is a problem, they can raise flags right away.

Good luck
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

what kind of mailing problems? i don't think ups can open the box to inspect when they pick it up. not really sure I would want UPS looking into a box of machinegun stuff - matt
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

noonxnoon wrote:Jorge,

I would contact UPS and tell them about this guys past track record and to be well aware that this guy has mailing problems.

If the pickup guy detects there is a problem, they can raise flags right away.

Good luck
Claudia Schnee wrote back today....
"I tried to give it to the UPS store today but because of the insured value the driver has not sign for it. I do not understand why they can not sign for it but that is the way it is. I called today and arranged for a UPS driver to pick it up on Tuesday from my work."

What do you think? I figure if they were gonna "loose it" they would not be insuring it.
Regards,

Jorge

Post by Blanksguy »

mp5,
I recently went through something similar to your "challanges" with a different person. On another "Board", I purchased an item and sent a UP Postal Money Order for it shipped to me.......nothing ever arrived.

After waiting several weeks, and repeated e-mails trying to contact said individual.........I figured I was out the funds.

"But", I figured that why should I just give up (?)........so I went ahead and contacted the Postal-Inspectors at: 1-877-876-2455 (for "Mail-Fraud") after I had informed the person that took my funds that I was going to do this if he didn't fix the problem)....and submitted a "Mail-Fraud" case. I figured that if I was already "out" of the funds that I sent, what else could he do (?). Remember to make copies of e-mail/letters/reciepts, etc. in case "Law-Enforcement" needs them.

Then, due to my case being "contact-through-the-internet", I contacted the FBI's Internet-Fraud-Unit "on-line" and submitted the same information. Again....remember to keep copies of everything in case they are needed. Their web-page is:
http://www.IC3.gov
Be fair and warn the other person of what you are going to do if they don't fix the problem.

As I didn't hear anything back from these two agencies ....... I also went "on-line" (do a search by Police/City/State-etc..) and contacted the closest "Police-Chief" near the person that took my money...........sent the Chief-Of-Police a nice letter asking for assistance in all of this and sent him copies (remember-copies) of all e-mails/letters/receipts, etc.....
About a week later, I got a phone call from a Police-Officer telling me that I should hear back from "said-party" by the end of the week with either my order or refund............YEP, my order arrived on the next Monday.
I have to give thanks to our "Law-Enforcement-Officers" who work hard and really do serve the public in their areas. They are a credit to their "Agencies".

Another course is if he really won't fix the problem of either returning your item and funds not used......is: as this was a "business transaction".......and as such, if all else fails, you could contact one of the "CREDIT-AGENCIES" that I believe would be more than helpful in putting his/their names on one of the many lists they keep to "help" his credit-score (???). Send a "letter" to them and ask how to do this.

People don't have to sit back and "take-it".......you have other means to meet the challange. Just be fair about the whole issue.....notify him with time to react (IE: So he will be able to send you the item refinished or return item with funds)......keep copies of registered mailings and e-mails.....and copies of your phone-bills showing contact dates.......then ask him nicely to fix the problem or that you will have no other recourse than to file charges. (NOTE: At that point, if he still has your item and funds, then look out).

All of the above fixed the "issues" with my order/purchase......but your results may differ......so you have been warned.
Regards, RichardS in MI.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have found that credit agencies are hard to deal with if you are not an actual business-also that dealing with the courts is expensive,takes an inordinate amount of time,and even if you get a judgment in your favor,it is just a piece of paper if the other party chooses to decide it is.You can always take them to court again.For quite a while I haven't bothered with either method,but it is worth a try.I myself am a fan of the road trip,and have always gotten my money back.Sometimes it pays to know people that are not nice.Not recomended for the faint of heart. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

I have a similar problem with another fellow. every time he has to ship it seems it is eigther:
A. sent back to him in another state after he has moved without telling me.
B. He recovered the package and tried to ship again but UPS will not insure a dummy gun.
C. the postal store he tried to use will not ship a dummy gun to a non-FFL
E. He does not want to insure it because they will not honor the insurance on a dummy gun in which case i figured it would be "lost"
F. He is shipping via USPS yesterday and i cant get a hold of him.

:puk:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

G. The check is in the mail.
H. I am from the government,I want to help you.
I. I will only put it in a little way.
:lol: Bick any of the above! ---bil
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Jorge,

If you go back through this thread...I am quite sure there were at least two other people that our fine friend Ryan mailed items that were insured and somehow those items got lost.

These guys got something going on...not trying to bash those people...but just reading from the boards here, this isn't an isolated incident...don't know how they are clipping the packages after they mail them...but if I were those people, I would strongly suggest they contact the postal authorities and have them investigate how they keep sending insured packages and they disappear.

Maybe they are taking the items back off the truck, who knows...maybe they got an inside guy grabbing the stuff.

...and to give the benefit of the doubt...there could be a bad postal worker stealing.

As for the UPS store not taking a package by not wanting to sign for it...ya got me there...I had mailed a heavy stereo system that weighed 60lbs and was covered for 70 bucks...they didn't bat an eye...and this was sent to Canada.

Well, good luck...I would still contact UPS and tell them your spidy senses are tingling and this guys past track record.
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

noonxnoon wrote:Jorge,

If you go back through this thread...I am quite sure there were at least two other people that our fine friend Ryan mailed items that were insured and somehow those items got lost.

Well, good luck...I would still contact UPS and tell them your spidy senses are tingling and this guys past track record.

Well, it seems that finally UPS picked up the package from her place of business, with ETA of 10/28.
The package is allegedly insured for $3K, and that is why the UPS Store did not want to accept it (?)
Anyway now the manifest on the web site sez it weighs 70 lbs, about right for a tripod.
I hope they didn't send me a 70lb bag of rocks!

Will keep you posted. If it gets here after all this I would be very surprised!!

Jorge
Regards,

Jorge

Post by Schnee »

I see many of you still have your tin foil hats on here at MG42.us

In regards to me some how having a scam to steel insured packages off the back of the truck, to hell with you.
And for the rest of the conspiracy theorists you should know….As of January of this year, the post office no longer treats foreign registered letters and packages as if they were of US origin. In other words, the service was not purchased in the USA so the post office is not spending the money or the manpower on the service. An unofficial budget cut, which has pushed package loss and theft to all time highs. This info is from one of the Postal Inspectors in Helena. There is a lawsuit, which I have joined, regarding this issue. The hot spot for theft is Bethpage New York. This the mail center where customs items are entered into the mail system. They are scanned from customs and then thrown into the regular mail. A very large portions of foreign mail from Europe enters the country in Bethpage. I lost an insured package (MGZ40 and some optic accessories) from Norway in February (funny how this one can be turned around and thrown at me) and 11 registered letters over the past 9 months. 6 of the 9 letters have vanished in Bethpage or it was the last place they were scanned. Seems like a lot of letters but we average 20-25 a week from Germany. A year or so ago I mailed an insured top cover to England. Vanished. Only proof of value I had was a paypal receipt and a photo I had of the top cover. It was a direct sale deal. Post office denied the claim. I sent the buyer half of the money back.

Just because I do not participate on this forum does not mean I am “hiding out west somewhere”, methodically stealing your packages and hard earned collection pieces. I have dealt with dozens of this forums members over the past years selling MG related material. I would not have 100% feedback (well over 4000 transactions combined) on gunbroker (RES Manufacturing) or ebay (claudiaschnee) and hundreds of direct sales to many of the people reading this now.

For what it is worth, and I am sure not much by the sound of this thread, Jorge will have has restored lafette in a week or so. Long overdue and no excuse available. Just very bad service on my part.

P.S. The UPS store will accept packages with high values, in this case 3500. But when the package is prepared and billed from another business, It has to go to a UPS counter at a shipping hub or pick up by a driver in order for the insurance to be valid in case of a claim. This also prevents me from going around the back of the UPS store and taking it off the truck.....
Last edited by Schnee on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

Schnee wrote:I see many of you still have your tin foil hats on here at MG42.us

In regards to me some how having a scam to steel insured packages off the back of the truck, to hell with you.

For what it is worth, and I am sure not much by the sound of this thread, Jorge will have has restored lafette in a week or so. Long overdue and no excuse available. Just very bad service on my part.
Ryan,
This thread was started by me because I could not find you, and you would not return my calls or emails for a long time. As a collector yourself I expect you to empathize with someone who sent a person he didn't know a rare piece, only to have said person vanish for years at a time! This thread was started by me to locate you, not to defame you. In this thread I have written...
>>When I sent the lafette to Ryan I had no illusions of a quick turnaround, yet in the beginning, before he moved to Montana from Ohio,it seemed he would get it done within one year. But I never expected that three and a half years later I would be writing about this situation.
His delay and the lack of feedback have aroused paranoia in me from time to time, but after talikng to a few with other experiences with Ryan I do not believe him to be either a thief or an internet con-man. He is apologetic for the delay, citing pressures of relocating and setting up two businesses during this time, Last week he promised to finish it this month.
Will keep you posted.<<<
My paranoia & scepticism are fully warranted by your lack of attention, and less patient souls would have gone nuclear on you a long time ago. Just think, in 44 months some members of the Blue Division travelled from Madrid to the Siege of Leningrad, joined the Waffen SS to defend Berlin, and went back to Spain with eight months to spare!! Hell the Sistine Chapell took less than that, and I bet Michelangelo gave Pope Julius II regular updates!
Well, your masterpiece is on its way, and I will post photos when I get the chance.
Thank Claudia for me.
Regards,

Jorge

Post by Bil »

I think Jorges reply says it all-we have all been scammed before.If you offer a service,keep in contact with the customer.Ryan,you know there are a lot of customers for your stuff here,you advertise from time to time.You may be busy,I am sure you are,but just take a peek once in a while.Have a friend look if you have to.And if a problem arises,LET THEM KNOW! DA has defended you on numerous occasions,as have I and others.It gets old.You have nice stuff,and a reputation to uphold,people here are on other boards also.If something is going to take years,tell the customer at first,save both of you trouble.If you had written the above response long ago,this thread would not be 5 pages long. ---bil
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

Mp-5, when you get it, please post a photo, for all of us to see.

Ryan, blast you, and shame on you! ...............bob h
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
miles045

Post by miles045 »

I was surprised to find this thread ...I have recently bought items from an estate and sold them to Rayn, dealings were great back and forth, he gave me alot of info, prompt return of calls and emails, very very nice to talk to and deal with

we were in communication to make another deal, told me to call him that night, and he POOF disappeared, wont answer phone or email

I was getting worried something happened to him until I found this thread

what gives Ryan??????
mp5
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

A good guy, but from time to time he gets overwhelmed. Keep trying to reach him, specially via his wife's ebay account.
Regards,

Jorge

Oberfeldwebel

Post by mp5 »

Well, Ryan finally came thru, big time.
My restored 1939 MG 34 lafette arrived via Ups ground, and the verdict is that Ryan did a great job!
The feld grau is perfect; the waffenampts and other markings are all readable, no longer buried under coats of Russian green paint. The search device & elevation unit seem to work well, as does the trigger actuator.
In short Ryan did a great job, and I will post photos soon.
Was it worth the wait, yes.
YMMV.
Regards,

Jorge