WTS Original MG34 Late war Gunners Pouch Nicely Marked

Saved for Reference.
nap

WTS Original MG34 Late war Gunners Pouch Nicely Marked

Post by nap »

Hi, I have a fairly rare MG34 late war CANVAS MG34 guners pouch. This is NOT a repro or a postwar pouch with FAKE markings. This is the real thing! Nicely marked clg 45. Also has the gun number in ink on the top and back. Good condition, a bit dirty on the outside. I only have the one. $80 and $5.65 postage in the US plus insurance if you want it. Please E-mail me if you have any questions and I'll answer promptly. Thanks Nap
nap@gci.net

Matt
Major
Major

Re: WTS Original MG34 Late war Gunners Pouch Nicely Marked

Post by Matt »

Those are known Austrian surplus pouches. Lots of buyers were scammed into buying them years ago. The dirtier ones with no visible Austrian markings were nicely restamped to make them German. You can find many threads on the pouches throughout the forums. - Matt
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Yup. Fakes. Nice for carrying your stuff in, but fakes.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I have seen these advertised before.Perhaps Bergflak or even Ryan Schnee would be able to give a more definite answer,being more of the experts in the 34 field. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

These are the same "Pouches" that Robert (RTG) is selling now.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

You need a proper LEATHER MG pouch for WWII. There are repros available and they usually go for around $50.00. Shop around and compare repros to pictures of originals BEFORE you buy, so you get one with authentic design features.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
nap

Post by nap »

Sorry to differ with you but I spoke to the importer and these were imported as a large surplus lot. Some were marked but more than half were not. They were sold a surplus in one lot. Theey were cheap and not represented as being Nazi marked. No one went through them after they were brought in. They were/are sold with the luck of the draw. This one has been sold. I think Folke would be the most knowledgeable about this but may not be aware of relatively recent developements. These were used both late in the war as well as postwar.

Thanks Nap
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Well, despite the circumstances surrounding this particular batch of pouches, I have not heard of canvas pouches from any other source which could verify that any of them are WWII German issue. IMHO more evidence needs to surface. If you believe them to be genuine, then please, by all means, buy one. For me I think it's safer to stay with the leather or ersazleder (pseudoleather) pouches, because they have been authenticated by many examples and known markings. I don't claim to know a lot about late war items, so I just avoid them.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

they are postwar, anybody trying to say otherwise is misinformed or trying to get rid of something they regret buying
nap

Post by nap »

New information comes to light all the time. I think it's inappropriate the make a blanket statement that they are all postwar and fake. I would agree however that it does make sense to stay with the erstatz leather until more information becomes available. I for one will be researching this to learn more as I'm able.

Thanks Nap
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

the discussion on these pouches started back in 2000 when Ohio Ordnance started to offer them in mass. they have been discussed to death and 99.9% of collectors agree they are postwar. they have been proven beyond a doubt to be austrian issue from the 1950s. the other 00.1% seem to be collectors trying to sell them. i have seen these pouches for sale for 10 years now and dates have started to show up in the last 4 or 5. always the same, exactly the same. never any damage to the markings. another 10 years and they will have some wear and we will again be seeing large amounts of canvas gunners kits with nice worn dates for the latest crop of newbie collectors to get suckered in on.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Given the circumstances, Matt, I would never buy one.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:Given the circumstances, Matt, I would never buy one.
Items like pouches in late war nazi germany was made in slave death camps by jews facing gas chambers or by russian prisoners of war. So buying that fake post war Austrian pouch is more moral and acceptable than buying so called "original german" ww2 pouches. I don't have any german WW2 cloth or leather items, all my non gun stuff is Yugo.
I have not heard of canvas pouches from any other source which could verify that any of them are WWII German issue.
Maybe you did not hear it because people that made them got gassed right after, so the death camp salve laborers did not get a chance to tell that they made pouches out of canvas.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

See-there is always new information to be found! There is always an example that defys the proof!More research needed. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

Robert @ RTG sells them too. Here is the link: http://www.robertrtg.com/mgsparepartsbag.html
Late war production MG34/42 spare parts pouch $60. This original pouch was used to carry spare parts and the AA Spider Sight. 1945 Production made from heavy canvas with leather straps; some marked cig 45. These were used after the war by another military, I don't know which country. Most pouches has troop numbers or other marks painted on them. This rare MG accessory is perfect for any collector or reenactor.
LOL :puk:
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

how would one ever know, if in fact it was slave/death camp labor made---i can't see a inspector that late in the war, worring about the accepted details of a pouch. "make me a hingh" out look.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

:ot:
Buy a postwar pouch.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
DDayDog

Post by DDayDog »

hakentt wrote:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:Given the circumstances, Matt, I would never buy one.
Items like pouches in late war nazi germany was made in slave death camps by jews facing gas chambers or by russian prisoners of war. So buying that fake post war Austrian pouch is more moral and acceptable than buying so called "original german" ww2 pouches. I don't have any german WW2 cloth or leather items, all my non gun stuff is Yugo.
I have not heard of canvas pouches from any other source which could verify that any of them are WWII German issue.
Maybe you did not hear it because people that made them got gassed right after, so the death camp salve laborers did not get a chance to tell that they made pouches out of canvas.
Geez. People collect (Try a different word.) here. Just because an item may not have been made in the best of times doesn't make "IT" evil. Yugoslavians weren't exactly the nicest people either... You should stop being a little bitch about people wanting original German stuff and get over it. Wave your rainbow warrior flag somewhere else...
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

"Wave your rainbow warrior flag somewhere else..."

Now that's funny...... :lol: Chris...
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »