WTK Price of my MG34 parts kit

Anything MG34 related.
Sturmgewher44

WTK Price of my MG34 parts kit

Post by Sturmgewher44 »

A couple of years ago, I got a real steal on an MG34 parts kit for $700. It's in nice condition, I got an anti-aircraft sight that I turned around and sold it for $200, about 5 original ammo belts, 3 original drums (1 is a desert camo) and it came with a drum carrier. I'm just curious how much it would be worth now. I bought a dummy receiver for it a while back and obviously the original receiver is torch cut.
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: WTK Price of my MG34 parts kit

Post by ScottD »

The kit, depending on condition, markings etc could vary from 700-1400. The receiver, depending on WHERE the cuts are, may be your gold mine. If the front section is intact up till about one inch behind the stud, you've got a 2-400 dollar cut receiver. If its been gut thru the stud, its a paperweight.

The accessories all depend on markings. Belts can fetch between 5 and 25 a pop. The baskets are worth 100 bucks each if POST war, considerably more if Nazi marked.

My numbers are lowball and strictly off my head. MG34 parts are scarce but the demand for them (outside this forum) still remains relatively low. I see guys on gunbroker selling individual parts for AMAZING markups. I dont think they move much inventory though. Should you decide to sell the whole kit, you wont have much of a problem unloading it if you offer it in the 900-1200 dollar market.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"