MG34 feed cover pivot pin

Anything MG34 related.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG34 feed cover pivot pin

Post by anjongni »

This was included in the "grab bag o' parts" I won on an auction.The useless little thumb-screw and tiny lock-washer were probably the first parts lost from any gun. I have several threaded pins, but have never had the actual screw/washer, so always just made them. I can't afford those metal-edge buttstocks, DT-34 drums and milled top-covers that you other guys have, but I'm real proud of this!....Phil
HPIM0973.JPG
HPIM0971.JPG
Gulfstream4
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: MG34 feed cover pivot pin

Post by Gulfstream4 »

Nice find. You never know what you will find in a grab bag.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Just for fun, trolling G/B for Thompson smg parts, the grab-bag. Saw something interesting... Phil
Attachments
pix649177647.jpg
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Makes you wonder how many of these small parts get purchased by the uninitiated and sit in a drawer for generations or get thrown away.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

Are those three Webley/Bryse speed loaders to the left of the picture?

Probably not, eyesight, pah!

Pit.
Matt
Major
Major

Post by Matt »

the top cover pins with the screws are an israeli post war addition. germans didn't make those.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

pin2.jpg
pin1.jpg
Ok, so how do you explain THIS? Ooops, it's IDF. All matching live gun from our stickies. If you enlarge the original photo of the pin, it seems to have (what I thought was) an"eagle" stamp, next to the divot that was created by the retaining pin. Maybe a metal flaw. Does anyone have a threaded pin with German markings? I have a couple of threaed pins that were shot 'a lot'. Look very worn. Could these have been original on 'dot' guns sent to Israel, or are they IDF armoury replacements from the 50's/60's?
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Pin3.jpg
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =303559525 G/B ad for a similar threaded pin. Appears to have a stamp of some kind...Looked through Folke's book, no threaded pins clear enough to see. Must have been post-war.
Folke
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Folke »

I just bought the one at GunBroker as I have never seen one of these before. What is the purpose of threading the pin? I am quite certain its not a German variation. I will look into it when I get the part and see what I think of it.
phil_uk
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by phil_uk »

i think possibly it is to stop the feed tray from slipping off? i have only seen these on late war dot coded mg34 with Isreal acceptance stamps
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

ebay.jpg
HPIM1039.JPG
HPIM1037.JPG
Couple more poor photos of the little pin. It certainly looks like "eagle over something". It's easier to see if you hold it in the sun just so...And a parts group from Ebay w/threaded pin. I bid $200 but was wiped out....hope one of you all got it! I've noticed that the 'dot' guns seem to have fewer marked parts. Maybe later in the war it didn't make any difference...Phil
Attachments
HPIM1042.JPG
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

P O pin.jpg
P O pin.jpg (3.54 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
This one came on a Phili/Ord receiver/IDF shroud. Looks to still have the little lockwasher...Phil