TNW Trigger Re-assembly

Anything MG34 related.
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: TNW Trigger Re-assembly

Post by Franz20 »

Got it back today from Project Guns, Great job btw!

The trigger gate issue is now remedied. On to the next problem.

When I assemble the receiver, and I pull the cocking handle back the bolt is freed and flies forward slamming into the barrel. I realize it is because I pull the charging handle so far back that the front of the lever pops out of the slot releasing the bolt.

But my question is why is this happening?

:wnana:
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Glad to hear that you got problem #1 solved. Surely P/G checked it over and ran a couple test rounds through it.....Worn c/h guide rails or slot opened up from wear? Please post pics.....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

I don't think it's worn. You know how you install the charging handle, you push the buffer release, start the charging handle from the wide end. Once in the slot the secondary "wide" end of the charging handle falls into another slot. Now the charging handle is installed.

When I charge the handle, the handle goes all the way back, I don't hear any "clicks" or anything, I just keep pulling back and the front part pops out of the middle slot, the internal hook releases the bolt from the handle and the bolt flies forward.

Is the bolt supposed to "click" or catch onto something when you charge it ? When you charge the gun is the bolt supposed to go forward?

Thanks

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

HPIM1192.JPG
HPIM1189.JPG
HPIM1188.JPG
The semi-auto MG34 fires from a closed bolt, so when you let go of the cocking handle, the bolt should go foreward. Make yourself a little T-block of nylon 3" long to hold the bolt almost all the way open. The sequence is to pull the charging handle, insert your bolt hold-open, slowly release the c/h, lay in the belt, then pull a little furthur on the c/h. The T-block will fall out, then let go of the c/h. Ready to fire.
As to why your c/h falls out, the 'drop-in' cutout in the c/h slot is right above the rear handgrip rivet. In use, the c/h flange can never come back that far, as the rear of the c/h is stopped by the buffer housing. From the cutout, foreward, the c/h slot is continuous. Again, maybe your slot is too wide, or c/h worn down? No offense, surely you are putting it in correctly to begin with? Good luck...Phil
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Really good closeups of a nice c/h in perfect condition...Philhttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332000712
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Thank you.

When the top cover is down I can't even pull the charging handle back.

Franz
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Anyone have a clue as to why this would happen?

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

In your Photobucket album, the charge handle isn't in right. Did you take care of that issue? As for the top cover obstructing bolt movement, does it work ok now with the cover open? Surely you are lowering the feed lever into the groove in the bolt? Ammo feed mechanism in cover work smooth? Let us know....Phil
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

HPIM1205.JPG
HPIM1204.JPG
HPIM1203.JPG
HPIM1208.JPG
Any pictures you need? This help?...Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

How is the bolt in incorrectly?

Thank you!

Franz
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Hi there, in your Photobucket pictures, the foreward guide of the charge handle has come out of the groove. Does it still "slip out" when you charge it, or did you resolve that issue?.....Phil
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Franz20 »

Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out the cause for the charging handle to go back far enough, to slip out.