Anything MG34 related.
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG34 bipod bracket

Post by anjongni »

Panzermantel bracket from France 007.JPG
Yes, it's French. A perfect copy. And the (original) sight is backwards. But it is really nice. The service was great.
They're quite intricate. I could put a block of steel in the mill and never produce even a latch!
"A piece of wood can float in the sea for 100 years and never become a fish".
It'll never be real, but it will beat shooting off a sandbag until I can afford a tank.
All that said, does anyone have an (extra) WW2 MG34 bipod they don't use? Please write!...Phil
Attachments
Panzermantel bracket from France 008.JPG
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: MG34 bipod bracket

Post by messerschmittfan »

Is that a bracket to hold the MG34 on the tripod? I can not see how it is for a bipod, what am I missing? On Gunbroker there are numbers bipod's for sale. If you are in Europe there is eGun.com that also has a lot for sale. Harry
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Harry, the tankgun version of the MG34 (panzermantel) doesn't have the "collar" for the bipod to connect to, so it is supplied as a separate locking collar for when the MG is dismounted and used on the ground. The barrel shroud is smooth and armoured... hope that is clear. Google "Panzermantel" for pics and it will be readily apparent!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

Alt MG34 bipod bracket 004.JPG
A different style of the panzermantel bracket with the sight mounting tab extended foreward to where it also holds the flash-hider latch in front.
There are several "post-war" MG34 tripods available, but the WW2 ones seem to be scarce and expensive. So please look through your garage! Thanks...Phil
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by messerschmittfan »

thanks for some reason I missed the Panzermantel part of the original post. Looks like great workmanship. Harry