Early MG34 butt stock

Anything MG34 related.
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Early MG34 butt stock

Post by messerschmittfan »

Folks How much is an early issue MG34 butt stock with the metal caps on the top and bottom of the rear of the stock worth? There is a guy selling one but wants a serious offer and the $200.00 I offered was not serious enough. I have a really nice Mauser 1938 MG34 kit that while the jacket and bipod did not get altered parts such as the butt stock were. Probably after the war. Anyway I would like one of the early butt stocks for it and need to know what a fair price is for the stock. Thanks Harry
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Re: Early MG34 butt stock

Post by CaptMax »

Harry, I have seen them sell for between $400-$500, sometimes they ask more but they don't seem to sell. I too am looking for one but I'm cheap and only want to spend $300-$350. :oops:
CaptMax
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Sounds like fair numbers to me Capt Max. Also might want to talk to Brian at BRP. Also drop a pm to mp44 on this.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Saw a nice one go for $650 at Knob Creek last spring.

It's not what it's worth that counts, it's what you can get for it.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

When I started German collecting belt weapon parts in the early 1990’s, you could get MG34 whole kits from Sportsman’s Guide for $450.00 and I bought a few of German MG42 parts and kits for Dan from Angola Armory, in the same price area. The parts were OK for old junk. Looking of the prices of old junk just floors me.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

The times they are a changing... Dan told me how he bought all of the MG42 stuff by the pound. After he received it he sold all of those parts kits. Then he sold me what was left. No parts kits,,, sad to say I missed those deals, got in just after that.
Those were the days.

Later 42rocker
messerschmittfan
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by messerschmittfan »

Which is why I am looking for a price on this stock. I have a six kits left and three SA MG34's and about the same for the MG42's. I either traded into them or purchased when the prices were not near what they are now. Paying $500 for an early butt is hard to justify right now but I am giving it thought. Thanks Harry
CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by CaptMax »

Harry, I just went over my limit on what I was willing to spend, I put in a bid for $420 for the one on Gun Broker that had the metal tips. I told you I was too cheap as it still didn't meet the reserve. :oops:
If the Creek wasn't just around the corner I may have bid higher.
CaptMax
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

jbaum wrote:
It's not what it's worth that counts, it's what you can get for it.
So true, like this guy who wants $30K for his sled mount on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-TOTAL ... 233fe601b6

On a good day you can by two registered Mg08s for that.

As for the early '34 buttstocks, there are likely some repros out there if you want to save some coins, but the prices will not recede on these German parts, at some point you have to dig deep and live with it. The days of seeing guys unwittingly selling '34 kits with the early buttstocks or 42 parts kits with slab-style charging handles for $500 (for the whole kit) sadly ended about 8 years ago.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864