Anything MG34 related.
ironsights
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG34 receiver stamp, J star

Post by ironsights »

Hi guys,

I have a chunk of receiver I'll be using on a re-weld and it has a J in a 6 pointed star stamp, I'm guessing Star of David.
I believe it was produced at the Brno factory (WaA63), would that make it one of the receivers leftover after the Soviets pushed through Czechoslovakia and then supplied to Israel by the Czech govt in 48? Or does it signify it was manufactured using forced labor?

It also has + 4 ° on the underside in larger letters, you can just see it on the first pic, does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!!

Rob O
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MG34 receiver stamp, J star

Post by JBaum »

When Israel was formed as a country they received a lot of German guns left over from WWII. They got 98k rifles and lots of MG34s. Your parts belonged to them at some point.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

ironsights,
WaA63 = "DOT" = Waffenwerke Brunn made MG34s from 1941 into 1945. The serial-numbers were started back to the beginning each year and not run consecutively thru the entire time period.

It could be an early or a late manufactured DOT gun by serial-number......if the rear-markings on the Barrel-Jacket are original to the gun (match both receiver-number/size and "font") post a photo as there is usually a year-date of manufacture engraved with the Barrel-Jacket's Serial-Number.

...and yes, belonged to Israel at one time.

Regards, RichardS
US Army, Retired
ironsights
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by ironsights »

Thanks.

The barrel jacket is DOT 43 but definitely wasn't from the same gun as the receiver. In fact, based on the cuts I believe they came from 2 or 3 different weapons.