Recoil springs

Anything MG34 related.
heckinohio
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Recoil springs

Post by heckinohio »

I have a 1941 FA gun that I got 20 years ago. It never worked well and I just left it on the shelf w/several other guns from that era. Last year at Knob Creek, Folke M. told me that he thought it needed a new ejector plate which he provided. I was also told to check the barrel return spring. It was very short compared to a replacement. I cut 1/2" from the old spring and put the new one in also, and installed the recoil plate, (no easy task), and now, after gathering dust for 20 years, the gun has become a joy to shoot.......... I need a couple of sets of bolt rollers and a couple of recoil springs. Any help out there???????
Last edited by heckinohio on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no bad guns!!!!!!!!!
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

I would check with I.O. first they had spare parts listed at a fair price.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

there is also that robert tg site there is a link some where and also dan @ angola may be able to help you he was able to hunt me down a part
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

TOM R wrote:there is also that robert tg site there is a link some where and also dan @ angola may be able to help you he was able to hunt me down a part

I am pretty sure that neither have 34 parts, only 42 and Roberts has ONLY post war. It would be a crime to install a lowly post war part on a WW2 weapon.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

sorry wasn't paying atten to the forum title :oops:
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
heckinohio
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

stuck in Jersey

Post by heckinohio »

I notice you were in 'Nazi' Jersey.......there is a place for sale here 24 acres w/old farm house ($150000) and some outbuildings on a paved rural road 6 miles from biggest town in the county (4000) where you would only have 15 cars a day to listen to but the sweet sound of machine gun fire on weekends from your across the road neighbors........me & wife and local MG shooters. Well??????????
There are no bad guns!!!!!!!!!
BELTLEAD

International Military Antiques

Post by BELTLEAD »

Try International Military Antiques from Sterling,NJ.They sell MG34 bolts for $65 and springs for $25. (908)903-1200 . http://www.ima-usa.com
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

IMA has always treated me good. Always got what I ordered and it has always been in the condition described. I have bought 6 MG34 barrels from them and all were in good condition.