Pricecheck on Luftwaffe 1940 doppeltrommel!! Anybody???

Anything MG34 related.
US1945

Pricecheck on Luftwaffe 1940 doppeltrommel!! Anybody???

Post by US1945 »

Hi Fellows

I`m not really familiar with the MG stuff....sure I had the slings for years,,,for sale..and just sold some boxed containers...anyway....

I try to learn someting here...

I just picked up an good working Luftwaffe and 1940 marked doppeltrommel..with on the top a leather or ersatz belt... let`s say 90% black paint.

It looked really exciting too me...so I bought it.

I`ll not say howmany I paid for it...I just like to know howmany the average price is for these... :lol:

And does have anybody more info about it...I suspect...it came out a plane or so??? (Luftwaffe) (Maybe I say someting stupid now..)

Best regards Tommy
nlander

Post by nlander »

MGS sells them for $349 at last check. They can go for as high as $500.
US1945

Post by US1945 »

Hey,

Wat makes them rare???

Marks...??? Condition anyway..

I paid just a little less..I`m glad :lol:

best regards Tommy
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

I agree with nlander on prices, IMA had the mags for $495.00 in excellent condition - well taken care of, no scratches or dents. We are assuming naturally that you are talking about the MG-15 doppeltrommel, and it should have these numbers: D-T 15 Nr FI 46300 also you will see a makers code, a year like 40 and a serial number. The same serial number is on the back plate fo the drum.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

US1945,
I have seen them for sale as far down as $299 (US) in verg-good condition......or less if the owner is in a "selling-mood"...........and especially during "Group-Buys".

What makes them "rare" ? Nothing......DT15 75-rd. saddle-drum magazine for the MG15 are common and do not feed well during use with the MG34.............it is the "adjustable" 75-rd. Saddle-Drum magazines for the MG34 are presently harder to locate....but I believe that as more and more surplus comes out of Russia the truth will be known. The problem for US buyers is availability when item are first released for sale overseas. That, and that European buyers will let these go little-by-little....just a few at a time to keep the prices higher.

The other "rare" 75-rd saddle-drum magazine has a "feed-extension on it for use with the MG13.....this is a different saddle-drum.

Regards, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
US1945

Post by US1945 »

Hi Guys

Thanks so far!!

I don`t know what I bought...so I quess I`ll post photo`s when I have it in the mail.(within 2 days or so)

The saddle-drum looks pritty good..but not mint or so..!! It`s not comming from an eastern location I think. So maybe it is an MG34 drum...I hope so..

Best regards Tommy
US1945

Post by US1945 »

here we go
Attachments
DSC01754.jpg
DSC01754.jpg (763.74 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
DSC01762.jpg
DSC01762.jpg (381.69 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

US1945, that is a 75rd mag for the MG-15. If it was for an MG-34 the numbers would have different numbers, not FI 46300, and it is marked DT-15, the front would be different. [adjustments for spring tension]
US1945

Post by US1945 »

Thanks for the info...!!!

best regards Tommy
schaubel777

Post by schaubel777 »

Is it safe to say that the mags coming in through MGS are for the MG15 and will not properly function in the MG34? What about the ones that IMA has for 500.00? Did anyone get in on the Bren drums that IMA had for 1000.00? Seemed really high.
MCP
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by MCP »

IMA are selling 75rd DT-15s for the MG15. It would be nice if they had a picture of the front and back for the customers to see.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

The magazines sold by both IMA and MGS are the MG15 Dt15 magazine like the one shown in this post.
Both companies mags are normally in better condition though.

I have been told by some RKI's that they will work fine with the MG34 if you only load them with 50 rounds.

Regards,
Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
schaubel777

Post by schaubel777 »

Thats a good tidbit of info Orin. Thanks.

Any update on those s/a recievers? Trying to decide to tackle the daunting reweld or pay for a nicely done complete one. Godspeed on your efforts. I'm very excited to have a working 34.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

schaubel777 wrote:

Any update on those s/a recievers? Trying to decide to tackle the daunting reweld or pay for a nicely done complete one. Godspeed on your efforts. I'm very excited to have a working 34.
Update:

The MG34 receiver project is on the back burner for now.
I was unable to find a company that could broach the internal bolt roller channel.

I was spending far too much time on this with no results so I decided to let the project rest for a while.

Good news is that the drawings are 100% complete, have been final checked for accuracy, and ready to go if I ever find a shop to do the broach.

Regards,
Orin
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
PATRIOT

Broach

Post by PATRIOT »

Orin,
I was told by TNW that they built their own broach & do the actual broaching under water to keep the piece cool. I've never seen a broaching machine, but can't imagine it would be that hard to put one together. I saw on one of the other threads how much trouble you had with TNW's MG34 receiver. I bought one also, & put it together with a parts kit. That was several months ago & it's been sitting in the corner ever since. Still havn't worked out all the problems.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

here is a link to the company that makes our broaches. http://www.ohiobroach.com/index
The one we bought to broach a slot in Stanley tools ratchet lugs is only 25 feet tall. However it does two
ever 6 seconds. They are made of 4140, the ratchet part that is. Basically a broach is just a big file.