Recoil Spring tubes that have been popping up lately

Anything MG34 related.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Recoil Spring tubes that have been popping up lately

Post by ChrisPCook »

There have been quite a few recoil spring tubes popping up lately for a nice price on ebay and gunbroker, they look good to me from what I've seen in the pictures, some guy in Poland is selling these. Does anyone have any opinions as to if these are good or bad? Thanks, Chris....
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

I was ripped off when ordering from the man in Poland.....so buyer....beware.

There are a lot of things coming onto the market recently from Europe that look like they are old/WWII........but are they (?).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

there are somany things being repoped now that I would gladly take a repro tube and nozzele can 34 and 42
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
CRA

Post by CRA »

That spring tube on gunbroker is 100% original, being sold by Jbaum a very trustworthy forum member. I dont know about the seller from poland but Jbaum is as good as it gets.
I own one exactly the same so I know its good, it also has wear that cannot be faked and also what apears to be a zinc like coating. some one had a box of these and they are pretty much gonna be gone sooner than later and thats it. If you are into that sort of origial item Id buy it now. alot of mg items are were kept in post war arsenals thats why in the distant past you were able to get some mg equipment bunchs but a contact in Germany has told me they have been tapped dry. Alot of complete E tins and accessories were sold to the UK and US for very very cheap before this mg craze came about.
CRA

Gb auction

Post by CRA »

Is this one of the auctions you are talking about?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=63402276
Schnee

Post by Schnee »

They are good ones. I have bough a few of them and have no problem with them.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

there is also 1 on ebay
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

spring tube

Post by ChrisPCook »

JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Yup that's my tube in the Gunbroker ad. I have a couple more that have a little more wear on them for cheaper money if anyone cares. The MG34 tubes have been selling in a fewplaces in Europe in the $100-$125 range. It's the MG42 tubes that are tough to find. The ones I have are the only ones I've ever seen other than in pictures.

It really twists my tail that ebay won't let me sell a tube, but they let others sell theirs.
I put one in an ebay ad and they deleted it because it's an assault weapon accessory, yet they allot barrels and trigger groups. WTF?
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bossman
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

RE Spring Tubes

Post by Bossman »

I bought one on Ebay from the guy in Poland, paid for it on
December 31st, haven't rec'd it yet. Will post when I do.

Roger
CRA

Post by CRA »

Blanksguy wrote:I was ripped off when ordering from the man in Poland.....so buyer....beware.

There are a lot of things coming onto the market recently from Europe that look like they are old/WWII........but are they (?).

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Let us know if anything changes
Bossman
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

MG34 Spring Tube from Poland...

Post by Bossman »

Rec'd my spring tube and spare spring from the seller on Ebay. Lots of old dried grease, appears
original to me and I'm satisfied with it. Would do business with him again.

Roger from Iowa
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I bought a springtube from the guy in Poland that lists MG34 parts and the springtubes in his add. I received it with no problems.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I'm gonna wait for someone to sell a repro tube for $20 or less.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Since I started to post on all of the Boards that I find the guy in Poland selling these items (about me getting ripped-off), he has contacted me and is trying to work things out with me.

He has more "Board-Names" on different Boards that he sells on.....why (?).........and several e-mail addresses (?)...again....why (?).

I will post the results of what he intends to do to fix this problem.
Till then....anyone/everyone would be at risk when dealing with him as he may only be filling orders until the "heat" dies down. I wouldn't buy from him until things are cleared up.

Regards, RichardS.
KMFDM
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by KMFDM »

Lots of fakes out there lately, a German collector friend of mine recently told me that if is worth money it is being faked in Poland and the eastern European countries. Quite a few bogus marked extractor removers out there with waffenamts and all. Quite a few of the Kaliberzylinders and Verschlussabstandlehre/Stahlpatrone (headspace gages) out there recently have been faked. If you can think of it it has been or will be faked.
I am not saying this fella in Poland is a faker because I don't know him but be leery. Also though most of the Arsenals in eastern Europe have been opening their doors and tons of original stuff has been flooding in so he might be legit?