mg34 reciever weld jig interest!!!!

Anything MG34 related.
lothar

mg34 reciever weld jig interest!!!!

Post by lothar »

I am in the process of welding up my 34 reciever and am making my own jig! Is anyone interested in a jig for themselves? i dont know price yet cause im getting all the materials together to make 1! But i know they will B way under $100.00 each! Let me know if there is any interest and i will make more if members need them! i will post an ad in the F/S section when and if there R enough members interested! later Brian!
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

why buy when you can rent one?
lothar

Post by lothar »

Bcause! i thought about rental from u! i have 2 send u a deposit plus rental fee, then i have 2 hope nobody else has it rented!!!! wait somemore!!! then peoples time constraints, then also if im in the mood 2 weld! its just easier 4 me 2 make my own jigs! im not trying 2 bash your jig rental! i guess im trying 2 provide a jig that members can afford! thats just me! im not much 4, ill put u on the waiting list type of person! plus wait until it gets here, then ship it back 2 u! later Brian :D
Claus

Post by Claus »

striker754 wrote:why buy when you can rent one?
:badidea:

Stryker,
Just HOW MUCH do you want people to dislike you?
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

Claus wrote:
striker754 wrote:why buy when you can rent one?
:badidea:

Stryker,
Just HOW MUCH do you want people to dislike you?
Just a simple question based on an economic viewpoint.
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

I would be inteested in one.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Besides, it is always nice to have more tools. I don't need all the ones I have but I like having them. Tool collecting, it's a guy thing. Like shoes and handbags are for women!
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

smoggle wrote:Besides, it is always nice to have more tools. I don't need all the ones I have but I like having them. Tool collecting, it's a guy thing. Like shoes and handbags are for women!
And I thought I was the only one that did this.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Be careful-the last time I thought it was better to buy than rent,I ended up with a wife!! :D :D ---bil
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

I'd be interested in a welding jig.Can it be made so that copper shims can be wedged between the receiver and the jig? That way there's no chance of accidentally welding the receiver to the jig.
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

34 jig

Post by mgfun »

I was told these were going to bebrass and so, with care, can be used for welding without copper shims.

I am interestedi in knowing if the jig will be built to the contour of the bolt slot (with the proper edge radius) to fully match the inner boltway contour of the receiver.

Regards,
mgfun
mgfun
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

i have the same question as mgfun.would be good to see pics too.am very interested as long as it is not too long of a wait.
mgfun
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

MG34 weld jig

Post by mgfun »

Any news? Are you still proceeding? Have created one yet? Just checking.
Regards,
mgfun
mgfun