Dealer price on TNW MG 34

Anything MG34 related.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Dealer price on TNW MG 34

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Does anybody know the dealer price of a TNW Mg 34?

Im looking at a used one with some extras and trying to decide if its a good enough deal to hock some of my less used/played with weapons.

Thanks
Smooth is Fast
Ron A

Post by Ron A »

Depending how many rounds have been fired thru it - if you get a new one you will have to like with the "extra heavy" trigger pull. a used one may have a better pull.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

tnw sgn add $3595.00
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Abwehr

MG34 Cost

Post by Abwehr »

I can't confirm this, but I seem to remember that the dealer cost is list price less $250 or $350. If you order one at list, TNW would send the dealer a check for $250 or $350. I wish I could remember the details, but I can't.

I hope this helps you with the cost of the used gun
slowfinger

list price

Post by slowfinger »

I thought list price was the advertized price in SAR magazine of $2799. that's what I paid! Slowfinger :)
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

I generally figure that the SGN prices are retail unless they specifically stated that they are "dealer" prices. Even then I have found that even then that's not always the case.
Smooth is Fast
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

I just firured it was a good starting place :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gordie k »

when i bought myine it was 3k they need about 1k rounds to break in i can help on trigger pull a couple simple mods help greatly if you want to have the info let me know glad to help
my 34 is a blast i have a dt drum and couver will let you know how it workes as soon iget it to run

gordie k:lol:
MGAPA

Post by MGAPA »

My FFL just returned my call tonight and the price for me through him is $3195. He gives me pretty good breaks usually so I can't imagine his price is more than 100 or 200 from that.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Step by step........

Post by junglewalk »

Hey gordie k; I am very interested in how you tackled the tough trigger pull on tnw's MG-34.
When you get the time, could you explain it step by step ?....Thanks.......jw
Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.
Ron A

Post by Ron A »

I would also be interested in how to reduce the pull.
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gordie k »

hi ron a -junglewalk will try to explane trigger as best i can if you have folkies book it would help.
when you pull the trigger on a smi(TWN) the trigger tends to go up and dige into receiver on pg91,part c2 also on pg97 lower left is trigger spring and small part like a L this slids into trigger and rides in the housing part of fa system take grips off gripstick insert part when trigger is pulled this part will start to ride up silver solder at top of part and grind raduis to give .002-005 clearance
also on some guns firing pin spring is in coil bind when cocked use a screwdriver to pry on friing pin nut you should have a little clearance ifnot grind nut but only enought to get clearance in about 1k rounds spring will take a set then you will have a lot of clearance this is ok also while you have gun apart take off nut and slide bolt into gun and ckeck for tight spots b0lt must slid free make sure ejactor is foward or it will jam bolt if you have to replace edj. pin is step pin drive out from small side edj. will be to long if new grind so it just passes edj. plate if you need more help e-mail me@ kpg1937@yahoo.com
gordie k
MGAPA

Re: list price

Post by MGAPA »

slowfinger wrote:I thought list price was the advertized price in SAR magazine of $2799. that's what I paid! Slowfinger :)
Slowfinger, when did you purchase at this price? If it wasn't all that long ago maybe I can call and get that price.... :twisted: