price check,my saw cut reciever

Anything MG34 related.
mikesbiegay

price check,my saw cut reciever

Post by mikesbiegay »

call me crazy,but i think i am going to have to sell my kit and reciever to pay bills.i know what to ask for the kit,but i have no idea what a fair price is for the reciever.what do you think?
Attachments
DCP09333.JPG
Pirate
General
General

Re: price check,my saw cut reciever

Post by Pirate »

they look like a choice set of parts, I would put them on gunbroker.
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

Pirate,never used gunbroker before.you think it would do better to sell the complete pakage or sell the reciever separetly ?
Attachments
DCP09336.JPG
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Mike-It's hard to tell in the picture-does the receiver have the entire length?Meaning will those pieces add up to total length? Personally,I think I would try to sell as a unit-the entire gun.Just my opinion,there may be more call just for the receiver.It looks nice. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

thanks bil and pirate.and yes they will make up the whole length of the reciever.not including what was taken out from the cut.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It looks like you also have some sort of jig,and a rod for the recuperater hole.Nice set-up. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Put it on gunbroker. Let the buyers decide. If you have a minimum you want for it put a reserve on it. I would not sell the receiver for less than $300. That is on the cheap side because the buffer and cam areas are intact.
Artie in Miami

Post by Artie in Miami »

Mike
If you want to sell the whole set (parts set, receiver parts, copper bars/jig etc) please let me know. asmith1@dadeschools.net

artie in miami
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

You could post it in our F/S Section first for a few days to let our Board-Members have a shot at it first.

Just look/ask around on values/pricing...and then decide on a fair price......then post the ad in accordance with the Board-Rules.

Prices that I have recently seen for MG34 items have been:

Parts-Kits (without DEMILed receiver):

Low of $250 for mismatched...lined-out serial-numbers/renumbered....ground-off numbers/markings.....on up to a midway for a decent complete MG34 Parts-Kit of $500-600....and then up to the better kits where most "original-manufactuer's" numbers/markings (not remarked) are present, nice condition kits around $800........then the "collector-grade parts-kits with matching "origina" numbers (not renumbered/lined-out/ground, etc.) with 3 or 4-hole barrel-jackets....wood or bakelite butt-stocks and correct WWII German Bipod (not the post-war Brno model) at about $1,200 and up.

DEMILed MG34 Receivers:

2-Cut matching sections at about $500-$600.
3 or more cuts/pieces (?)....less money.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I sold 3 receiver so far, 2 on the boards, one on gb. They were the typical IMA/FAC supply. I got no less than $375 a piece. That was 4-5 months ago.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

thanks guys for the info.i have to take a week to drive to florida from michigan to take an ultra lite my dad bought here on e-bay.so i'll have time to think about what i am going to do....really hate the idea of selling it.but if so i would rather sell it on this site.alot of good people here.down side is i can't charge you guys top dollar.just wouldn't feel right.
ok gotta go.
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Post by M1 Tanker »

Mike, i sent you a PM...but you never replied.
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

...and Mike...
....I am also up here in Michigan.
I would like to see better digital-photos of the markings on the top-rear of the barrel-jacket and markings on the top-cover to see if I am interested.

You can contact me directly at:

Regards, RichardS in MI.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

I would still put it up for auction. This lets the market decide. MP44 kits used to go at $3000. The last few have not sold or reached that. Except for one that had 8 mags. That is over $2000 in mags. If you want to help guys here you can offer free shipping on the item, since it is a heavy kit, if they buy it there.

If you are selling it because you need the money sell it to the highest bidder. Look out for yourself. You will be sorry you sold it later but if you need the money you need the money. Get what you can for it.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

smoggle wrote:
If you are selling it because you need the money sell it to the highest bidder. Look out for yourself. You will be sorry you sold it later but if you need the money you need the money. Get what you can for it.
Smoggle-which part do you really mean-get the best price or 'you will be sorry later' ? :D ---bil
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

You very funny round-eye. Actually I am not sorry about the 42. Have you done anything with it yet? Basically both. If he needs the money get as much as you can. The household comes first. Later on you will say I wish I didn't need to sell it. I still kick myself for selling my rock-ola carbine 16 years ago because I hadn't shot it in 2 years and was a 23 year old with a kid on the way. $275 OYYYYYYY!
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

well just got back from florida and still not sure i should sell it.and Smoggle all your points are well taken.thanks.i probabily will be kicking myself in the ass laiter.so to all that are interested i will let you know when i decide to sell.i just wonder if i should of posted the real question.should i sell my kit for as much food and water i can buy??? that is for when the (Try a different word.) hits the fan.(i hope everyone knows what i mean by that).or does that make me sound crazy?
and to blanksguy.good to here a like minded person lives close by.thanks
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

mikesbiegay wrote:well just got back from florida and still not sure i should sell it.and Smoggle all your points are well taken.thanks.i probabily will be kicking myself in the ass laiter.so to all that are interested i will let you know when i decide to sell.i just wonder if i should of posted the real question.should i sell my kit for as much food and water i can buy??? that is for when the (Try a different word.) hits the fan.(i hope everyone knows what i mean by that).or does that make me sound crazy?
and to blanksguy.good to here a like minded person lives close by.thanks
It's worth 1,100-1,500 even WITH line outs, mismatched numbers, and broken stocks. These mg 34 kits are gone, over, Kaput from the COMMON market. Period. Take a look on IMA, and see their little comment on how all their 34 stuff is gone, and that you should refer to TNW for parts !! Hell, even the bolts at ohio ordanance have been bought up. Do like mentioned and throw it into a Bid war with a reserve of at least 1,100 (sight unseen I'm sure you'll get that)
Whatever you do, don't get lowballed by some guy that intends to turn and make the real profit. Make the real profit for yourself, and the buyer will be someone that's going to use it for himself.
Good luck to you.

Karb