GERMAN EM 34 Rangefinder

Anything MG34 related.
treadmill
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

GERMAN EM 34 Rangefinder

Post by treadmill »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

Could someone there take a look at this and advise me how much I should bid for it?? I have no idea what it is worth.........and I want it real BAD......you know the rush. The quy answered my question and stated it is a wartime production. Please advise.

Mike2
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: GERMAN EM 34 Rangefinder

Post by Ed S »

It is a wartime german em34 rangfinder, but the tripod is not correct for this model. The bracket that the rangefinder is sitting on is for a em 36 rangefinder. The tripod is a standard german optics tripod, but the em 34 used a small tripod with a ball type mount that attached to the round center part of the rangefinder. I can attach pictures later.
Personally, I would not bid more than $500, but I already have two of these.
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

Well, I just re-read the auction and the tripod is not included and the otpics are dirty. If you send the item to someone to be cleaned, it will not be cheap and they have to know what they are doing as the reticle is imprinted on one of the lenses and can be damaged by improper cleaning. The correct tripod on e-bay, when they show up, will cost several hundred dollars.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

The only positive I can see here is that it has it's original paint (not the norwegian paint). Besides that, you are missing the adjustment lathe with it's carrier. The tripod and it's pouch, and the carrier and tool for the EM34 itself. I paid about $760 shipped for a complete set in 2005. Not sure what that would go for. I personally avoid dirty optics. Somewhere in the MG34 Accesories area I have pictures of a complete set. Here is the link to a past post with pics.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=185&p=1260&hilit=e ... r+34#p1260
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
reb62

Post by reb62 »

I have an oportunity to purchase what I believe is a post war EM 34 copy, appearsto be german, thought may be some other county, dated 1957 with tripod, sling & carry case. Optics are good and in overall great shape. For reenactments purposes I thought it would be a good candidate.

What do the members here think it is worth based on my description?

Thanks.
navalgunner

Post by navalgunner »

anyone know where I can pick up a tripod for the stereoscopic em36 rangefinder?