MG34 Jig Rental

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

MG34 Jig Rental

Post by striker754 »

I know everyone has a 34 receiver that they want to weld up. I know no one wants to purchase a jig that they will use once and store in the closet forever, so I thought I could rent the jig out. The jig is the same on Pirate has used.

I was thinking about $20 + shipping for use of the jig for 1 week. It took me 1-2 days to weld up, so that should be enough time. Other arrangements can be made, definately very flexible. I will have to request a deposit of $160 to protect against damage and disappearance. I know it is unlikely any of you will damage or take this, but you never know who is out there.

IMPORTANT: Make your semi mods before you weld the receiver together. You need to fill in the sear slot near the rear of the grip stick.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you do not weld the jig to the receiver. You will probably ruin your receiver and the jig. Remove the jig to weld portions near the jig.

The small piece of metal is to keep the retracting slot open. It fits in it long ways.

Please post if you are interested.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Jig rental

Post by ChrisPCook »

Sounds good, I am in Alaska, however my receiver is in Colorado. Next time I'm down I am going to spend an afternoon working with a buddy on this project. I'll contact you then. Thanks, Chris.....
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

Sounds good just let me know when

where do you live in co
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Jig Rental

Post by ChrisPCook »

Grew up down in La Junta....I should be back sometime early next year. I'll definitely keep the jig rental idea in mind. Chris....
Fixer

Post by Fixer »

interisted in CAL
ped315
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by ped315 »

I would be interested in renting the jig over the Christmas holidays.
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

jig is available for rent.
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

still available
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

MG34 receiver:

Post by carlque »

Where can a reweldable MG34 receiver be found??
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Half descent reweldable MG34 receivers haven't been available since Spring '06. I.M.A. was the last supplier.But I see ads for private sales on Gunbroker once in awhile.A few of the members were selling them in the "For Sale" section around the Fall '06 and were fetching over $400.
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

Brand new 10" center sections will be available March of 07 in limited quantities (groups of 10).

These will need the front and rears from demilled 34's. As far as I know only available from IMA at the moment( last I looked cost was $200 just for the front and rear). Along with some more machining to finish that can be done with a Bridgeport after welding on the front and rear.

If you can't find a reweldable 34 and don't want to lay out $1400 at once for a TNW receiver, then this will most likely be your only option.

Cost of center sections will be $575 + S&H.

Regards,
Heli
ccnviper

MG 34

Post by ccnviper »

helix60 wrote:Brand new 10" center sections will be available March of 07 in limited quantities (groups of 10).

These will need the front and rears from demilled 34's. As far as I know only available from IMA at the moment( last I looked cost was $200 just for the front and rear). Along with some more machining to finish that can be done with a Bridgeport after welding on the front and rear.

If you can't find a reweldable 34 and don't want to lay out $1400 at once for a TNW receiver, then this will most likely be your only option.

Cost of center sections will be $575 + S&H.

Regards,
Heli
Is this a group buy item or individual purchase?? Any pics available?? Who is selling ?Thanks
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: MG 34

Post by helix60 »

ccnviper wrote:Is this a group buy item or individual purchase?? Any pics available?? Who is selling ?Thanks
These will be individual at the moment. They take 19.6hrs/each to make on the current equiptment I have on hand. Pics not yet available. I'm theone making and will be selling these center sections.

Regards,
Heli
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

striker.please give info on your reciever jig.is it a long rectangle piece that fits inside?and is is made out of brass or copper?never seen one before.but very interested.thanks
mikesbiegay

Post by mikesbiegay »

just found what it looks like.am interested.how do you do payments?and deposit?does anyone have it now?
bruksanvisning

Post by bruksanvisning »

Has anyone verified/used a MG42 receiver repair kit to verify after welding to assure the final receiver kit is within specification?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Did you mean a 42 or a 34? ---bil
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

jig is available
charlienco
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: MG34 Jig Rental

Post by charlienco »

Is the jig availible? I would like to plan on getting it in about two weeks. Contact me with details. Thanks
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Re: MG34 Jig Rental

Post by striker754 »

yes it is available at the moment