Longer Trip Levers/ Sears, got 'em!

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Longer Trip Levers/ Sears, got 'em!

Post by ChrisPCook »

Here they are guys. TNW is 1.10, these are 1.32, giving you more room to custom fit for longer length rewelds, etc. Heat treated, and phosphated. I will have approx. 20 to sell, maybe a few more. I was able to have success tonight on both of my longer length rewelds, it took awhile to figure out why the trip lever wasn't depressing all the way, I kept looking to the bolt as the problem, or the new trip lever. It was neither....turns out when the bolt is in the cocked position a longer length lever will make contact first with the recoil spring and not fully depress. Two ways around this would be to shave a little off the sprng (if you end up using the spring by itself with out the end cap), or to apply a couple dabs of weld or solder inside the spring cap to hold the spring back just a hair further, then recess an area on the spring "cap" to clear the trip lever. My rewelds were off about .10, this was the ticket for the fix (I ended up taking about .12 inch off mine). Yours may be correct length or some other distance, may require fitting and modification to get it to fit right. This could also be trimmed and used as a regular length trip lever as well. I'll have pricing in a day or two, I'm right in the middle of dealing with a bad thermostat in a car and kids going back to school. I need to figure out my price of packaging and first class shipping charges before I have a final price. Will be in the 23-30$ range however. Chris...

Will take orders according to the first post I put up on this subject a few threads back, those who responded to that thread will have priority.
Attachments
P1030282.JPG
P1030281.JPG
P1030279.JPG
1.32 length
1.32 length
Original length
Original length
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Longer Trip Levers/ Sears, got 'em!

Post by Bil »

Nice work!! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

All right, 29$ for the first trip lever (this includes my shipping and packaging cost), and 26$ for each additional one on your order, I'm going to start out with a limit of two per person, as I think I already have 10 forum members committed.

I have PM'ed all the members who first expressed interest in this with info, and payment details, they have first shot. There will be about 9-11 extra sears when those orders are filled, so just reply to this thread if interested, I'll fill orders in the order that they are replied to on this post. This is the best way to have folks get in line and prevent folks sending me payment after I am sold out. All the members have previously replied up to this point should have PM's in their inboxes. Thanks, Chris....
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

TOO EASY! Thanks man. Paypal sent. Ship those 'wrenches" to me!
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
BDE
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by BDE »

Hello.
I will take two if you have them.

Thanks
Brian
ajmdreammg42
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by ajmdreammg42 »

I am wondering if this extended lever could be the answer to the horriable trigger pull on the tnw Mg34. If you could shorten the trigger bar so the moon shape lever hits the trip lever more aft that would give the trip lever a more mechanical advantage thus requiring a lighter trigger pull , however you would have to machine the receiver out more probably. Also you could not go to far back cause you would interfer with the fire pin end piece (nominclature?) any thoughts on this and has this been tried before ?
Panzercanuck

Post by Panzercanuck »

Hi ChrisPCook,
Today I received mine in the mail .Very well made thanks buddy. I was wondering if you can save me one for a Kameraden of mine from my reenactment group.He will contact you very soon.His first name is Louis also a Canadian.

Again Many Thanks and Merry Christmas
Panzercanuck
Abel
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Sure, I've got about 10 or so left, I'm traveling for the holidays, but will follow up after that. Merry Christmas, Chris....
mrclark

Post by mrclark »

I'm needing one. PM sent.
mrclark

Post by mrclark »

Still have any left? I'm in need of one. PM sent.