34 vehicle mount

Post your pics and vids here.
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

34 vehicle mount

Post by Damien Horn »

Here's one of those hard to find 34 mounts for a truck. Its dated 1939 and is in good condition.
Damien.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

How did you come across that rare mount.It probably fitted to a Kublewagen.
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

How did I find it?

Post by Damien Horn »

Hi,
As with most of the rarer items, I had to pay another collector big money to get it. But it's a lot rarer than a lafette, so every now and again you have to bite the bullet and pay up.
Damien.
fxo

Post by fxo »

Damien,
Very nice! All kinds of stuff floating around tht little island.

How about a pic of where the MG34 locks into the socket for travel-lock mode?
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

What a beautiful gun... :mrgreen:
~Matt
ChevyM14

Post by ChevyM14 »

I will be getting a S.A. mg34 and I want to make a mount for my Pickup truck (I was watching black hawk down to much) is there any one that make a repo one or is there one form another gun that I can use?
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Inter-Ordnance.They sell a MG42 AA tripod with a MG34 adapter for $129
panzerwest

Re: 34 vehicle mount

Post by panzerwest »

Could this mount also be found in a Kübelwagen? if not what type of mount would be used in a kubel? I have seen pics of a short mount fitted to the rear deck on a kubel. I'm looking for pics of a mount fitted just behind the front passenger seat in a kubel
Tim g

Re: 34 vehicle mount

Post by Tim g »

panzerwest wrote:Could this mount also be found in a Kübelwagen? if not what type of mount would be used in a kubel? I have seen pics of a short mount fitted to the rear deck on a kubel. I'm looking for pics of a mount fitted just behind the front passenger seat in a kubel
I believe that particular one would also have been quite a short post as the main part was a cross bar that was attached to both sides of the body on the door post. It created a sort of rail system that was as you say just behind the front seats.

That large post mount that damian has shown was meant to be for vehicles such as the Protze , horch, opels etc. The floor pans on those are somewhat more substantial then a kubel.
I have never seen one in the flesh as it were so Damian has a very nice item.

Regards
Tim